Craig Kollins - 2012's UK Breakout star?

Victor Is God

I remember about five years ago Ricky Knight did something I've never seen done on this forum before or since.

Ricky came on this forum and began a thread, solely to alert the UK wrestling scene to the arrival of a prodigious talent named Sam Slam.

At that time, nobody had ever heard of Sam Slam, but Ricky was adamant his protege was going to be a massive success on the UK scene. And sure enough, Sam went on to win the British Under-23 Championship, the All-England Title and the XWA British Heavyweight Title within two years of Ricky's prediction right here on the UKFF.

Now I honestly believe I'm in the same situation that Ricky found himself in five years ago. I too have uncovered a hot new prospect with limitless potential.

Craig Kollins is only 19 years old and has been training with us at the XWA Wrestling Training School in Morecambe, Lancs, for around 18 months, first under the tutelage of Dave Rayne and now under the guidance of the XWA British Heavyweight Champion Johnny Phere.

Kollins, from Barrow-in-Furness, debuted on the XWA Breakout (or trainee) shows this summer and stood out from the get-go because of his aggression, intensity, agility, flashy ring style and hard man presence.

After just his second match, longtime Futureshock Wrestling ring announcer Jesse Ellis commented on the XWA Facebook group: "This guy is the next Martin Stone."

This lad is incredibly dedicated and hungry, but perhaps not quite the finished article. So the plan is for him to debut in the XWA after a good further six months' training.

But then last Sunday, Kollins cut the following promo at the XWA Training School in Morecambe. He clearly believes he IS 100% ready to graduate to the XWA main shows and doesn't have the patience to wait much longer...

Check this promo out, and perhaps you'll get an idea of the kind of potential and talent Craig Kollins has.

http://bit.ly/vBVbEB

GREG LAMBERT

XWA WRESTLING

And bear in mind, you haven't even seen him wrestle yet...

FOLLOW XWA on Twitter...if we beat GPW to 500 followers then we'll give away 11 free DVDs! @XWAWrestling

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

And just like Sam Slam, he has a crap name as well. Kollins? Seriously? Kollins? With a K? He looks quite rum though, so that's good. Not enough people with rum faces in Britwres. That name though. Really, it's fucking terrible. It's that K. It reminds me of swapping Z in place of an S, or dropping an E that comes before an X. It's a bit 1998.

Forgive me if im missing something but what is special about that promo? Typical heavy breathing, "im a hard man" full of tired cliches. Admittedly its much better than some Ive seen but certainly doesnt appear to me to be anything special.

That said the recommendation coming for yourself I have faith that he surly must have potential.

• Moderators

Yeah, the promo wasn't amazing. The bit about him being 19 and always being in pain every morning sounded really weird to me. Out of a grizzled vet I'd accept it, love it in fact, but I didn't like it coming from a pre-debutante.

What's his physique like though? For he does have a hard face.

I've never understood why people do these videos. I don't understand what they're supposed to achieve? I have wrestlers email me these type of videos every week while looking for work, and they just amuse me. I watched one the other day of an established wrestler cutting a promo holding his belt, been uploaded for over a year, and it had 91 views. Embarrassing!

PS: That's not a shot at Craig Kollins/XWA, he could be a tremendous wrestler for all I know, i'm just referring to these type of videos in general.

Yeah, the promo wasn't amazing. The bit about him being 19 and always being in pain every morning sounded really weird to me. Out of a grizzled vet I'd accept it, love it in fact, but I didn't like it coming from a pre-debutante.

What's his physique like though? For he does have a hard face.

You obviously have never been to a Johnny Phere training session. Just to get through one is a big accomplishment. This guy has been doing two a week for a few months now. They certainly seperate the men from the boys to say the least. Also Craigs fitness and execution of moves is way up there.

He's not bad, can remember what he needs to say, says it clearly. But as someone said, full of cliches of the angry young man gimmick, needs to add a twist to make it his own character. Why does he wake up in pain? Why is he so angry and violent? Give it a reason and it gives him a bit more depth.

Archived