Colonic Irrigation/Hydrotherapy

lambyUK

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The human race survived millennia without spraying water up their arse holes. Therefore, a colonic irrigation isn't number one on my Christmas wish list.

Oh contraire Mon frere, colonics have been around for hundreds of years. Here's a (relatively) short history breakdown...

The first uses of colonic hydrotherapy (sometimes referred to as colonic irrigation) dates back hundreds of years to ancient Egyptian civilisations. Later, around 400BC, Greek physician Hippocrates proposed the benefits of cleansing the colon for good health and around 100BC a Roman physician used enemas (liquid introduced to the colon through the anus) to treat fevers.

Colonic hydrotherapy developed further in the 17th century when apparatus to self-administer enemas became widely available. However, its popularity dwindled in the 19th century as laxatives and other drugs became the popular way to treat gastrointestinal conditions. The therapy was rejuvenated in the early 20th century when an American physician, John Kellogg, again used enemas extensively to treat thousands of patients suffering with gastrointestinal disease.

By the 1930s, colonic irrigation had improved on the traditional enema (which could only reach the lower part of the colon) by cleaning and reshaping the walls of the colon and emptying the bowel. During the last decade, sophisticated techniques, greater understanding of the benefits of a healthy colon and the popularity of alternative medicine has led to a resurgence of colonic hydrotherapy.

• Paid Members
The human race survived millennia without spraying water up their arse holes. Therefore, a colonic irrigation isn't number one on my Christmas wish list.

Are you saying anything that comes after the survival of the human race for 1Million years is pointless?

I do believe the human race survived millennia without a knowledge of penicillin or bacteria, doesn't mean its not a good development.

I do believe the human race survived millennia without Stainless steel, doesn't mean it's not good and of benefit.

I could go on but I just wanted to get over my love of penicillin and stainless steel, the oft over looked metallurgy development I always feel

If people enjoy having water up their arse let them get on with it I say.

• Paid Members

Are you saying anything that comes after the survival of the human race for 1Million years is pointless?

I do believe the human race survived millennia without a knowledge of penicillin or bacteria, doesn't mean its not a good development.

I do believe the human race survived millennia without Stainless steel, doesn't mean it's not good and of benefit.

Tell that to my nana who's severely allergic to penicillin ;)

In all seriousness though, penicillin and bacteria are different. They can save lives and cure ailments. What's a colonic do? I never mentioned it should be stopped; people can have one if they want. I just said it wasn't for me nor in my foreseeable future.

• Paid Members

Tell that to my nana who's severely allergic to penicillin ;)

In all seriousness though, penicillin and bacteria are different. They can save lives and cure ailments. What's a colonic do? I never mentioned it should be stopped; people can have one if they want. I just said it wasn't for me nor in my foreseeable future.

What do colonics do? Apparently a lot. There's a massive list of health benefits, too many of which to type out here. Have a quick look on google. You'll be surprised reading what benefits can come from it.

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it. It completely overlooks the fact the average age of dying is increasing due to the various health benefits of modern day treatments.

I'm not necessarily saying that sticking a pipe up your bottom with extend your life, but you could also easily say:

"The human race survived a millennia without cancer treatments" or "the human race survived a millennial without organ transplants."

Mind you, most treatments for this sort of thing is a comfort thing, and although its true that the digestive system is usually self cleaning, there are large number of people with conditions (or crap diets) where things in that region don't work properly, and these sort of detox treatments can be beneficial.

Never used them myself, but had several customers of one of our products rage about a home system we used to sell.

What do colonics do? Apparently a lot. There's a massive list of health benefits, too many of which to type out here. Have a quick look on google. You'll be surprised reading what benefits can come from it.

Except there is no evidence of any benefit what so ever, all the positive spin you hear is from the health companies and fuck tards who don

Archived