WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 12/23/2011

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

Michael Cole, Booker T and Josh Matthews are on commentary.

They show clips from the chairs match between Big Show and Mark Henry and Bryan cashing in MITB.

Big Show comes out to cut a promo to kick off the show. Show talks about how he won and lost the title at TLC. Mark Henry interrupted and headed to the ring. Henry told Show that he was a loser and should quit WWE. Daniel Bryan heads to the ring to a good pop. Bryan talked about how nobody believed in him and how he's now the new world champion. Long came out on stage and Long announces Big Show vs. Mark Henry with the winner being the number one contender.

Zack Ryder defeated Cody Rhodes. During the match, Booker T stood up on the announce table and started singing "Cody the Red Nosed Reindeer."

Backstage segment with Santino Marella, Teddy Long and Aksana. Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler interrupted.

Big Show vs. Mark Henry is next.

Before the match started, David Otunga came down to the ring. Otunga said that the match is not happening because Henry is not cleared to wrestler, per the orders of John Laurinaitis. Show proceed to nail Otunga with a big punch.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler is announced for later tonight.

Teddy Long is shown walking backstage and is interrupted by The Miz. Miz said that he's going to hold the show hostage if Long doesn't find an opponent for him.

The Miz is in the ring holding the show hostage. Sheamus comes out to a huge ovation. So it's Sheamus vs. The Miz next.

Sheamus defeated The Miz in a good match.

Wade Barrett heads to the ring for a promo. He talks about beating down Orton on RAW and SmackDown for the past month. Orton cam out and they start fighting. Barrett ducked the RKO and high-tailed it to the back. Orton follows him and they start fighting backstage and into the parking lot before the feed cut out in the arena.

Epico vs. Kofi Kingston is up next.

Back to Orton and Barrett, who are fighting in the parking lot. Orton had flipped Barrett over the railing, which caused him to kick a cameraman's camera, which is why the feed was lost.

Kofi Kingston defeated Epico after hitting the Trouble In Paradise.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler is up next.

Bryan vs. Ziggler is in process. During the match, Jack Swagger came to ringside. The Big Show was out a little later to even the odds. Teddy Long comes out as Show attempted to chokeslam Swagger. Long turns the match into a tag match with Swagger and Ziggler facing Show and Bryan.

Daniel Bryan and Big Show defeated Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger and Swagger submitted to the LeBell Lock. Bryan celebrated after the match as Big Show looked on. Show is on the ramp staring at Bryan celebrating as the show goes off the air.

I am so sick of Theodore Long as the GM, how many times have they done that routine where they pretend a match is out of control and in chaos and is turned into a tag team match? Too many. Kingston/Epico and Ryder/Rhodes should be alright, other than that this show looks like a big disaster to myself.

Im thinking with the way Teddy was acting at TLC ppv and what was said on Raw. I think he wont be gm for much longer

Can anyone honestly tell me how Teddy's managed to stay in a position as an onscreen personality for so long? And I mean, even from his WCW, post Doom/Johnny B Badd managing days? He was fine as a heel manager(ish) because he barely spoke. Ditto refereeing. Nowadays he seems to have the charisma of a mop handle and every time he speaks it's like it's nearly impossible for him to get the words out properly...

And I know Smackdown is seen as the B show, but given numerous dodgy rulings and incidents on his watch, how come there's never been any sort of storyline campaign to oust Teddy? Could it be that he can't even run with an angle properly? I mean, there's a shed load of people who would have been better suited for the GM position instead of him. Erm, just don't ask me for any names, because I can't be arsed thinking right now.

Im thinking with the way Teddy was acting at TLC ppv and what was said on Raw. I think he wont be gm for much longer

Can anyone honestly tell me how Teddy's managed to stay in a position as an onscreen personality for so long? And I mean, even from his WCW, post Doom/Johnny B Badd managing days? He was fine as a heel manager(ish) because he barely spoke. Ditto refereeing. Nowadays he seems to have the charisma of a mop handle and every time he speaks it's like it's nearly impossible for him to get the words out properly...

And I know Smackdown is seen as the B show, but given numerous dodgy rulings and incidents on his watch, how come there's never been any sort of storyline campaign to oust Teddy? Could it be that he can't even run with an angle properly? I mean, there's a shed load of people who would have been better suited for the GM position instead of him. Erm, just don't ask me for any names, because I can't be arsed thinking right now.

I remember Carlito petitioning to have him removed in late 2004-early 2005.

Bit harsh on mops that

saturn_display_image.jpg

• Paid Members
I am so sick of Theodore Long as the GM, how many times have they done that routine where they pretend a match is out of control and in chaos and is turned into a tag team match? Too many.

I'm as bored of Teddy as anyone, but surely having a consistent approach to a match getting out of control makes perfect sense? Besides which, Teddy didn't book it.

I'm as bored of Teddy as anyone, but surely having a consistent approach to a match getting out of control makes perfect sense? Besides which, Teddy didn't book it.

I know, but I get SO sick of the same routine all the time. It's boring. The same way almost every time since about 2008 a WWE TV match leads to outside the ring, they go to the adverts.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's a fair criticism (that I disagree with, but obviously it's a matter of opinion). I was just a bit baffled by you seemingly linking it specifically to Teddy Long.

Anyway, sounds like an interesting show to me, but I have no idea when I'll have time to watch it. I've been tiring of Orton/Barrett but hopefully this brawl will inject a little bit of danger back into the feud.

I've been wondering exactly how Bryan/Show will play out, and from Show's interview on Raw I was kind of worried that they'd half-arse it and not worry about giving Show too much sympathy, causing the crowd to turn on Bryan (silly, I know). But I dunno. Seems like they're happy to let it be a slightly ambiguous slow-burn for now, which is perfectly fine considering they've got 10 hours of Smackdown (plus Raw supershows, which I presume are all of them these days) to build it before the Rumble.

Archived