Ring Ka King

HeavyT

maybe a sound a bit daft, but why didnt they just use the normal tna roster vs some indians?

In a US vs. India gimmick? I'm sure they will at some point, but if you think that angle has it drawbacks. Obviously the US guys would be portrayed as villains, so you'd only be able to use TNA heels. You can't have a TNA guy heel in one place and then playing babyface on

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe a sound a bit daft, but why didnt they just use the normal tna roster vs some indians?

It's a major wrestling TV show, not some shitty BritWres event with a "vs USA" theme. Who would be in the Some Indians faction anyway? Much of the local Indian talent might not be anywhere near good enough for a project of this scope.

• Paid Members

Exactly, the TNA guys are there for star power and to help develop the Indian talent, not just to job to local guys for easy pops (which wouldn't happen anyway if the crowd didn't buy the Indian guys as legitimate threats to these big American stars).

I'm really, really liking how this show is shaping up. The stuff with Steiner in particular sounds AMAZING.

Also really liking:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Jeff Jarrett as the evil American trying to buy the promotion. Tons of potential with that story. And he's got a pretty good crew along with him - Steiner being Steiner, SIR Brutus Magnus getting the opportunity to be a top guy, Abyss serving as the muscle for the group and Sonjay doing the talking in Hindi. They way they've got it set up it seems like a group of evil TNA invaders trying to take over RKK so with that story in place they could easily bring in more people from TNA (much like they do with Jarrett and his TNA crew over in AAA in Mexico). Bully Ray in particular would indeed be an amazing addition to the crew.

Also looking forward to seeing how Matt Morgan will do in the top babyface role. If nothing else, this could be some valuable experience for him.

I'm also very interested in seeing Masters as the American Adonis as well. It's essentially the Masterpiece character again but now Masters is much better than he was the previous time when he was portraying such a heel character.

The promotion seems to have a solid tag team division too - the third generation guys (Chavo Guerrero & Harry Smith), The Snakes (the Daivari Brothers), The Bollywood Boyz, Broadway & Hollywood (Nunzio & Joey Ryan) and the Indian team with the midget and the giant.

Doctor Nicholas Dinsmore... I legit laughed out loud when I read that but at the same time I am intrigued to see it play out. Glad he's not doing a Eugene gimmick again too. Also looking forward to seeing Gallows and Murdoch in action again.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

In a US vs. India gimmick? I'm sure they will at some point, but if you think that angle has it drawbacks. Obviously the US guys would be portrayed as villains, so you'd only be able to use TNA heels. You can't have a TNA guy heel in one place and then playing babyface on

• Paid Members

Talking about being Heel in one place and Face in another... it does work. I know it wasn't a different promotion but back around In Your House i believe it was Canadian Stampede where, The Hart Family were heels in the USA and obviously faces in their home country. That was in one promotion; Angelina Love who is heel in TNA is a face when she is/was in AAA i believe.

• Paid Members
Talking about being Heel in one place and Face in another... it does work. I know it wasn't a different promotion but back around In Your House i believe it was Canadian Stampede where, The Hart Family were heels in the USA and obviously faces in their home country. That was in one promotion; Angelina Love who is heel in TNA is a face when she is/was in AAA i believe.

I'm also embarassed to say I glossed over the domestic wrestling scene, where a wrestler can be heel in one town, and a face 20 minutes down the road.

Archived