IPW:UK 28/04/12:REVOLUTION Official Thread - Carlito, Chris Masters

Andy

Generally I would prefer to see the the top guys from ROH, Chikara, PWG, CZW, etc rather than old the WWE guys, with Low Ki being the exception. I'd love to see Kevin Steen, Sami Calihan, Eddie Edwards or Johnny Gargano added to the card.

And the likes of Kenny Omega, Pac, Tozowa, Ibushi and Sekimoto from Japan would be awesome but not sure how realistic that is.

Davey vs Low Ki, Edwards or Pac would be amazing.

Also what about Wolves vs LDRS or LDRS vs Young Bucks 2?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great venue, know it to be quite expensive but if it comes off it'll be a tremendous show. Nice to see British wrestling pushing the boundaries but the Troxy is a risk and you have to pull a few thousand at premium prices to break even.

Hope it is a success and we see more of venues of this calibre being run! NWE seem to have a bit of cash and harnessed properly they could really contribute to BritWres.

The thing is, the Indy guys would sell it to us, the net fan (those who are more likely to pay the ridiculous top seat prices) but to the casual fan who you absolutely *need* to fill that venue and make it profitable, they require the ex-WWE names they recognize.

A happy medium would be to find the ex-WWE guys who would appeal to casuals and net fans. MVP would be a good shout as his name is still recent and he really has been busting his ass in NJPW this year.

The thing is, the Indy guys would sell it to us, the net fan (those who are more likely to pay the ridiculous top seat prices) but to the casual fan who you absolutely *need* to fill that venue and make it profitable, they require the ex-WWE names they recognize.

A happy medium would be to find the ex-WWE guys who would appeal to casuals and net fans. MVP would be a good shout as his name is still recent and he really has been busting his ass in NJPW this year.

The fact that he's busting his ass in NJPW will possibly put a premium on his booking fee though.

I'd take MVP, not sure many others come to mind.

Thats a good point but with all due respect would many of the guys WWE released lately appeal to the masses either?

I would guess many of the casual fans base their opinions on who's hot and not on tv wrestling and the way Chris Master or Carlito (and most other guys who leave the company) were treated at the end of their WWE runs I can't imagine the casual fans wouldn't be interested in seeing them now.

An alternative might be to get a couple of TNA guys, as I know some of them take indy bookings around their TNA schedule. People like the Motor City Machine Guns, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe would probably appeal to both type of fans. If that isn't possible down to TNA restrictions I can imagine guys like Jay Lethal, Amazing Red and Young Bucks who were still quite popular until they were released might still have some mass market appeal.

I know Deez, that's why I feel shows like this are so hard in this current climate.

In the old FWA days you could have a few top name TNA/Indy guys, and your show would do well. Then 1PW came along and absolutely *crammed* their shows entirely full of TNA/Indy guys so the shows that featured only a few looked nowhere near as appealing. Then the Indy promotions themselves like PWG, ROH and eventually TNA came over with their full rosters making the 1PW model obsolete (as well as entirely bankrupt). And now Japanese promotions can come over directly.

The reason why NWE draw so well elsewhere in Europe is because the market isn't completely over-saturated with regular WWE and TNA appearences. But then NWE eventually drain the well dry in each market and then move on......

I don't know how likely TNA talent would be on these shows. NWE for the most part feature ex-WWE names and freelancers. To my knowledge no TNA talent has appeared on NWE before in the past while contracted to TNA, and with TNA themselves over in January, they're not likely to allow TNA guys to be used by what could be potential competition.

• 2 weeks later...
spudtroxy.jpg

TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW FROM: ticketline.co.uk or ipwuk.com/london

On Saturday April 28th the state of the Cruiserweight division will become a lot clearer as we will finally crown a brand new British Cruiserweight Champion when Marty Scurll collides with whomever wins Bracket B (contested on February 26th) live from The Troxy, London at Revolution.

With the physical title belt still being in the possession of The Rockstar Spud, and the ego maniac stating time and time again that he will never give the belt back; many people have speculated exactly what would happen once we crowned a new champion without a physical title belt.

IPW management

• 1 month later...
I can imagine guys like Jay Lethal, Amazing Red and Young Bucks who were still quite popular until they were released might still have some mass market appeal.

You imagine wrong. I'd be surprised if the mass market has a bloody clue who they are, let alone would pay to see them. I'm not even sure how you're measuring their popularity? A few hundred die hard TNA fans might have given a shit about them, but airways are funny about you travelling with toothpaste these days, let alone mutants so they won't be coming to this show.

Archived