WWE Raw 19/12/11 **Contains Spoilers**

Dingo Warrior

not much to add, really enjoyed it and while I'm not a Cena hater less Cena is a nice change. I'm hoping that as they've got the Rock and Cena to sell Mania they might stick with like likes of Bryan and Ryder rather than doing thier usual trick of getting the belts back onto the usual people early in the new year.love the start with the 3 champs coming through the crowd, just little things like that can make a big difference to the feel of the show.they really need to change Fox's finisher, I don't she's ever managed to get it right!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really enjoyed the entire vibe of this show with regards to the trio of face champions, and although it wont happen I would love to see them as a strong on-air faction who interact all the time and look out for each other. They did sort of tease at that with Punk and Bryan going back to check on Ryder after he'd gone into the ring steps. All of them coming in through the crowd for the main event was a brilliant visual and, Bryan's rather buggered up attempt at climbing back over the barrier aside, really added to the notion of them being for and from the people

I was half expecting Big Show to come out at the end to clear house and maybe even put Bryan through the announce table, but I suppose if we are to get Big Show v Bryan at the Rumble then they've got a bit of time to build-up Show getting angrier and angrier until he eventually snaps. I'm probably in the minority but I would really like to see that match and it could do wonders for making Bryan seem like a legitimate in-ring threat as he pulls out all of his counters and submission moves to take Show apart bit by bit

Commentary sucks. Michael Cole is a terrific heel character, but he shouldn't be in a position of lead commentator, especially not when the people he's working with can't be arsed to try and help keep wrestlers from being completely buried. What was Lawlers big comeback to Coles near 2 minute rant about Punk Ryder and Bryan coming in through the crowd? 'Yeah but listen...' Fuck sake.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show. The thing with the champions opening and the way Miz just appeared and was joined, no music, no immediate spotlight. CLassy touch. And the main event was proper quality. I love Daniel Bryan, love him love him. Great seeing him as champion. All 6 men had a great match and deserve credit.

Fast forwarded the womens match, and the segment backstage with Hornswoggle.

Kane coming back is great and Cena sold the whole thing beautifully. Only thing for me is looking at Kane they spent there budget on the masks and the tights, imo, look awful.

Orton and Barrett was alright, but echo the sentiments earlier, it does seem quite blah. The wasteland through the table I thought was weak looking. Sorry.

Cody Rhodes is on fire. Another excellent showing from the man, he is fast becoming on of my favourite stars.

Oher thoughts, The tag match was excellent and the Usos look great, Sheamus and Jinder Mahal had a fun match. And Josh Matthews, what the hell was that? Where did that come from? I like this turn from Big Show, it's logical and well performed.

• Paid Members

Did anyone else notice John Cena's gimmicked t-shirt as soon as he came out? That was a bit piss poor - they might as well have stuck a caption on the screen saying, "Yeah, someone's going to rip his t-shirt off in a minute, probably Kane."

• Paid Members
Did anyone else notice John Cena's gimmicked t-shirt as soon as he came out? That was a bit piss poor - they might as well have stuck a caption on the screen saying, "Yeah, someone's going to rip his t-shirt off in a minute, probably Kane."

On a relatic topic, when I was a kid I was convinced that Hulk Hogan's t-shirts were made from plastic bags- because I didn't think anyone was strong enough to rip a t-shirt as easily as he did.

Commentary sucks. Michael Cole is a terrific heel character, but he shouldn't be in a position of lead commentator, especially not when the people he's working with can't be arsed to try and help keep wrestlers from being completely buried. What was Lawlers big comeback to Coles near 2 minute rant about Punk Ryder and Bryan coming in through the crowd? 'Yeah but listen...' Fuck sake.Anyway, I enjoyed the show. The thing with the champions opening and the way Miz just appeared and was joined, no music, no immediate spotlight. CLassy touch. And the main event was proper quality. I love Daniel Bryan, love him love him. Great seeing him as champion. All 6 men had a great match and deserve credit.

Fast forwarded the womens match, and the segment backstage with Hornswoggle.

Kane coming back is great and Cena sold the whole thing beautifully. Only thing for me is looking at Kane they spent there budget on the masks and the tights, imo, look awful.

Orton and Barrett was alright, but echo the sentiments earlier, it does seem quite blah. The wasteland through the table I thought was weak looking. Sorry.

Cody Rhodes is on fire. Another excellent showing from the man, he is fast becoming on of my favourite stars.

Oher thoughts, The tag match was excellent and the Usos look great, Sheamus and Jinder Mahal had a fun match. And Josh Matthews, what the hell was that? Where did that come from? I like this turn from Big Show, it's logical and well performed.

Yes, this! All day long. Michael Cole could actually be as quality as Heenan on commentary if....if...he was just the heel colour commentator. It just doesn't work when he is the main play by play guy and its becoming infuriating to watch it, sometimes it isn't noticable then other times you wanna scream its so annoying.

Cole's too annoying to be a heel Colour Commentator as well I think, that's his role on Smackdown and it's just as hard to concentrate on everything else going on. I think he'd be best suited in a manager's role, he could be assigned to someone who might not be a good talker like Mason Ryan. Imagine the heat the pair would get, assuming Cole is talking for Ryan who would be the actual star. Ryan might come across as just being Cole's bodyguard though, which is 100% what is not needed.

• Paid Members

I certainly think WWE are testing things out right now, too see how they'd do with Cena as a heel. He wasn't on the last PPV and they're giving Punk more Raw main events. Hopefully they don't panic (they will) and build either Punk or somebody else up.

WWE is in desperate need of a big heel.

Just seen this on the line:

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE officials have been giving serious consideration to the idea of pulling the WWE Title from CM Punk due to what are being called "terrible ratings patterns" for his segments on Raw.

According to the report, the idea of pulling the title from Punk was discussed prior to the TLC PPV, however the decision was ultimately made to have him go over in his Triple Threat bout against The Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

It didn't help matters that Punk's Raw ratings continued to decline the night after the PPV, when his main event segment featuing a 6 man tag match between him, Zack Ryder & Daniel Bryan vs The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler only gained 59,000 viewers for the show's over run.

The Wrestling Observer report noted that the main event segment of Raw only drew a 2.67 cable rating, which is by far the lowest rated Raw main event of 2011 and possibly the lowest Raw main event rating since 1997 for a non-holiday show.

Is there any truth to those numbers?

• Paid Members
Is there any truth to those numbers?

Meltzer was discussing this a few days ago. Since the Summer, Raw's second hour rating has dropped on a large number of shows. Meltzer said "You know, I would have said that was impossible for Raw to do this, you know, before the summer". It's weird, Punk, The Miz and Del Rio have all lost viewers with their runs as champion. Only Cena (out of the regular roster) can bump the main event rating to a good standard. Even then, his match with Mark Henry a couple of weeks ago didn't do a great number either.

Punk is over with the live crowd and his merchandise is doing great, but the TV audience just isn't taking to him, for some reason. Ryder has a similar problem, although Ryder is a midcarder.

The main event featured four of the ratings killers mentioned and Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler. It's odd that four of your top guys just aren't connecting. Punk's ratings have been a disaster (with maybe a couple of exceptions), it's whether WWE fancy persisting with him, considering how well he does at live events.

Archived