The Classical Music Thread

Chilly McFreeze

I tried some stuff recently but I could really do with someone who knows what they're talking about recommending me some stuff.

Vivaldi's Four Seasons is spectacular. Beyond that I know fuck all.

God, it's just Football, Football, Football with you isn't it?

• Paid Members
In the Hall of the Mountain King is awesome. I'd love to hear that live.

Yes, me too.

Good to see some recommendations in here now, gonna have a listen when I get home tonight.

Has anyone been to see live recitals? I'd love to go to something like that one day, I'm assuming it's a pretty unique experience.

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

So, I'm giving Radio 3 a whirl this afternoon because I have to give 6Music a rest for a couple of weeks here and there because they don't change their playlist enough sometimes and I get bored of the same music. Does anyone know what's the best programme on there for just a general and varied selection of music for someone like me who is a complete classical ignoramus?

• Paid Members

So, I'm giving Radio 3 a whirl this afternoon because I have to give 6Music a rest for a couple of weeks here and there because they don't change their playlist enough sometimes and I get bored of the same music. Does anyone know what's the best programme on there for just a general and varied selection of music for someone like me who is a complete classical ignoramus?

I just stick Calssical FM on. Smooth classics at 11pm is the best bed time music in the world.Since I made this thread, I took m'lady to see a live recital of Holst's 'The Planets' in London at the southbank centre. It was utterly awe-inspring. I'd recommend anyone to go see a live orchestra. It's a phenomenal experience. Mars was the loudest thing I've ever heard live.

Archived