They just don't make them like they used to...

Forrest

Over the past couple of days, I've been hooking up my N64 and buying up old games, and was talking about how Formula 1 was ruined by the ban on tobacco advertising (see also: Snooker).

So reminisce about things you miss from a simpler time. A time when you could recieve all TV channels (including the scuddy ones) for free because you paid a man 40 quid to chip your cable box. A time when you could work for the council and acquire 2 grouters, 6 miles of copper wire, a 3000 pound sander and a pneumatic drill for nothing on the basis of a faulty window lock and no-one would bat an eyelid.

Somewhere, Peter Kay is frantically scribbling notes.

• Paid Members

Dark brown curry. When you ordered a take away from a restraunt (No indian take-aways until around the mid 80's), you'd be waiting at least an hour. You would get this dark brown sauce which to this day beats any other curry in existance. How they do it in 10 minutes now is beyond me.

• Paid Members
A time when you could recieve all TV channels (including the scuddy ones) for free because you paid a man 40 quid to chip your cable box.

You can still pay a man to fiddle with your box to get all the channels.

A time when you could recieve all TV channels (including the scuddy ones) for free because you paid a man 40 quid to chip your cable box.

You can still pay a man to fiddle with your box to get all the channels.

The guy installing it for us offered this and my mum had the nerve to say no because 'he could have been from Watchdog or anything.'

Archived