WWF WrestleFest

nfc90210

• Paid Members

Who remembers the WWF WrestleFest arcade game?

I remember playing it on Arcade machines in shops. Back when shops used to have arcade machines. I haven't seen a small shop with an arcade machine in what seems like an eternity.

Anyway, this game really does remind me of my childhood. I have fond memories of it, but I couldn

It wouldn't be a calendar year on here without someone starting a topic on Wrestlefest. It was great, a brilliant roster of wrestlers and a game in my opinion that they only bettered on home consoles with the first Smackdown. The only thing that could have made it better was having Savage on there but he was ''retired'' at the time it was released so it makes sense. I've got it on MAME on my Xbox now and while it's still good fun, it does get boring after 20 minutes or so, but for it's time, it absolutely was brilliant.

I grew up in Filey, and the arcade down the front had this and the one in the town centre had Superstars, so I could take my pick. It's total nostalgia though, Wrestlefest was fucking glorious. Still looks really ace aswell. Bright colours and terrific cartoon graphics. I especially like the cut-ins in the corner when you're doing a Rumble.

• Paid Members

I wasted a shitload of 10p pieces down our local Youth Club at 10-11, playing football with an orange sponge ball, eating chips that were too salty, wasting my life on WrestleFest and Altered Beast, and getting my WWF news second hand from 8 year olds who had Sky, who swore blind that Lex Luger had "come out of the sky in a helicoptor, powerslammed Yokozuna, pinned him and now he's the Champion."

Then I got the emulator and marked out like crazy seeing LOD do the Doomsday Device to the point I had to screencap it. Fuck knows why.

EDIT - game has come under some flak recently for its part in causing the August riots.

I only saw it when the shows came to town (Scottish term for fair / pikeys) every easter and they had the generic trailer full of arcade games.

You didn't see that in Alloa other than the local swimming baths which had the NeoGeo cabinet with the 'magic' button that let you rotate between five or six games (King of Fighters, AMF Bowling, Super Sidekicks, Samurai Showdown, etc) so it was quite a big deal at the time.

I do remember being shite at it though and always, always, always getting a kicking from Earthquake including the running sit down splash finisher. Good times though !

Archived