Funniest phishing attempts

Richie Freebird

Have you ever had e-mails at home or at work attempting to scam your details with very dodgy promises? Working as I do in the defence industry, we get them with some regularity. Some of them are hilarious. Just look at this gem:

Good day and may the blessings of this day rest on you, hope you are in good health? Please do not take this unserious, i plead your pardon for my approach, ok. My name is Mr. Edward Tan. I trained and work as an external auditor for the Development Bank of Singapore (DBS). I had taken pains to find your contact through personal endeavors.

A foreigner with thesame last name as yours, died here in Singapore, twelve years ago leaving behind an estate/capital (US$31.8M with interest) here in DBS where I work, till date nobody has come forward or put application for the claim.

I can confirm with certainty that the said investor died intestate, no next-of-kin to his estate and no body came forward all these years. I am of the settled conviction that using my insider leverage, I, working with you can secure the funds in the account for us instead of allowing it pass as unclaimed funds into the coffers of the Government of Singapore. This is especially possible as you bear the same LAST NAME to the said investor, of course you shall be handsomely rewarded for your part in this transaction as me and my colleague are prepared to allocate a 20% of the total funds for your efforts.

Affirm your willingness and cooperation please,by replying me stating your FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, TELEPHONE NUMBER, FAX NUMBER, AND CONTACT ADDRESS.

I do expect you prompt response.

Thank you,

Mr. E. Tan.

Mr Edward Tan. Tan by name, tan by attempted nature. You little cunt. Some poor bastards must be falling for these things or there would be no point sending them all the time.

Any more funny attempts than this, UKFF?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator

Yes. I had an absolutely amazing one a few weeks ago that was so superbly over the top I had to print it off and show it to people, but it has since been deleted and the printed version's been chucked. It was the usual wealthy-husband-died-I-have-several-terminal-illnesses stuff, but what raised it above was that it wasn't some tenuous family connection or anything that connected them to you - it was because she wanted the money to go to a good, God-fearing Christian, and if I wasn't one of those I shouldn't bother responding. It really was tremendous... I wish I'd kept it now.

• Moderators
I remember a while back someone posting a link to another forum getting people to stand for pictures holding things like names or sayings.

We have had a few attempts at my work by setting up fake emails that resemble our company.

419 eater is the name of the website with all those on. Some great stuff on there.

The poster Burchill's Buddy did a great bit of scam baiting that he posted on this forum last year. I'm shit at using the search function though, and I think some of the picture links didn't work anymore last time I managed to find his post.

• Paid Members
The poster Burchill's Buddy did a great bit of scam baiting that he posted on this forum last year. I'm shit at using the search function though, and I think some of the picture links didn't work anymore last time I managed to find his post.

It's number 9 on this list:-

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=123866

A brilliant piece of work.

• Paid Members

Cheers. One day I'll remember the login details for the Man Meat Ltd Gmail account I set up to do that one and I can post the entire conversation.

*EDIT* Yes, fucking yes. I wrote a nice long Email to Google with what little information about the account I could remember and I've managed to get back in. I'll attempt to copy and paste it in this thread.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

• Paid Members

Man Meat Ltd - Part 1

Hello Dear Brother and Sister in the Lord My name is Pastor Willy Brian,Pastor Willy for short. I just came about your email address through an email surfing Affiliated with the US chamber of commerce,Am having a little problem which i will like to share with you.I am from Sisters of St Benedict am on a christian mission out of the country and i came went along with my female Yorkie terrier puppy. After a while i notice that the weather hear is not good for the puppy and i have not been able to take care of her the way i do because of my Mission Job. She is home raised vaccines and health guarantee.. all i need is someone that is capable adopting her and take care of her the way i always do so if you feel you can take care of this little angel for me please do send a reply back to me and i will email you her picture I hope to read from you.

Remain Blessed

Pastor Willy

Greetings Pastor Willy

Thankyou very much for your Email about the Yorkshire terrier. My name is Ji-Sung Park and I am the co-founder of Man Meat Ltd - one of the largest meat packers and stores in south London. We have recently lost one of our larger distributors of good puppy meat and we would be most interested in buying this Yorkie from you. We were wondering is this the only puppy you have or is it possible you could get hold of more to ship onto us? Our usual payment is

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

• Paid Members

Part 2

Greetings Darling,

I was put in touch with you by a mutual friend of ours (Pastor Willy) who told me it may be possible we could do some business together

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Ji Sung Park and I am the co-owner of Man-Meat Ltd in London. We specialize in selling rare and hard to find meats from around the world and recently we have lost one of major suppliers from the middle east. Consequently we are now running very low on several of our most popular meats and this has put us in a little trouble. Pastor Willy told me that you may be able to supply me with puppy meat, is this true? We are able to send money in most forms including credit card, cheque, postal order, Western Union or Moneygram.

Please get back to me as soon as possible so we can discuss this further. Do you supply any other forms of meat? - If you like I can mail you a list of other rare animals we are currently short on.

Ji Sung

Hello Mr Ji Sung,

I was told earlier today by the pastor, Pastor Wilson,where i worship that i would get a mail from you about puppies,Well i am a great lover of Dogs so have a quite number of puppies,Mostly Yorkshire Terrier,May i know the range in Ibs you are wanting so i may how many of such i have. And tell me secondly how much you are willing to pay for those babies.

And may i add that you can send me the list of rare animal meat you short on,maybe i can help get them for you.

Get back to me.

Mrs Cole.

Hello Darling

Thankyou for getting back to me so soon, I am glad you are such a great lover of dogs, but I hope this doesn't morally prevent you to shipping them to us. You do realise we are selling the puppy as meat and not as a pet yes?

Anyway Darling, to business. For good quality puppy meat our payment is