The Christmas Bonus Thread

Max Power

• Paid Members

Fucking bastards strung me along for a year, telling me that I would get a nice big bonus, to make up for lots of extra responsibility without a raise/job title change/both. $235 after tax just doesn't cut it.

My best bonus is when I worked for the publisher Serpent's Tail. We got two books on the Orange Prize shortlist, and We Need to Talk About Kevin won. On the day before Christmas Eve we all found envelopes stuffed with 50

• Paid Members

Doubt I'll get anything extra from my day job tbh. I've only been here just over a year so last xmas I'd only just completed my 3 months probation so I'm not sure if the rest of the team got anything or not?

We're running a comedy show on New Years Eve for the first time this year though & I wish I'd done it years ago. We jacked the ticket price up & it sold out weeks ago with very little effort. Plus, we're starting the show earlier & the acts should be done & dusted for 10.15pm. The venues staying open if people want to stay in there & carry on drinking but I expect to be gone by 10.30pm with a fat wedge in my pocket, plus I've saved a table for mates so it should be an easy nights work.

• Paid Members
Absolutely fuck all. They can all fuck right off if they want anything doing this Christmas or New Year.

I can hear it now.

"Hello Gladstone...we need you to urgently look at some tits for us...."

*slams phone down*

"Gladstone....Gladstone...??"

Archived