AWW Wrestling - 'High Stakes' - Saturday April 7th

This is a huge Venue to fill and with 3 shows on the same day Im guessing there are going to be a few big names announced so im looking forward to the announcements. Whose in the country at the time?Finlay and Doug are booked elsewhere otherwise I'd guess them.

Im guessing by the date there could be quite a few imports with it being 1 week before 16 carat, I've heard that Davey Richards may well be at carat and I don't think Generico is booked anywhere on that date so hes another possibility. It's an ambitious venue to run as if still pretty much the same as the academy days it could easily hold 1000 people and I'm guessing its not cheap to hire either but good luck to them.

We are in the main hall, as pictured above.

As was stated by someone earlier in the post, local promotion is key the drawing a decent attendance. The fact that there are shows in Nottingham and Preston the same night doesn't really matter, other than the fact that several workers are booked for those.

We have a solid foundation of workers who will be there, and a couple of debutants including Mark Andrews who is a great up and coming highflyer.

• 3 weeks later...

From AWW Website

The first three matches can now be revealed for 'Ballroom Blitz' on Friday February 24th.

AWW British Title Match - Carnage © vs James Mason

In his second defence of the title, Carnage will come face to face with one of the most popular, well travelled wrestliers in the UK - James Mason. Having competed in TNA, Michinoku Pro and even beating MVP on WWE Smackdown - Carnage will face his toughest test yet.

AWW British Tag Team Championship Tournament - Semi Final - The Hunter Brothers vs The Dunne Brothers.

In the first semi-final for the tag team title, we have a battle of brother teams as Lee and Jim Hunter battle the villainous Pete and Damian Dunne

3 Way Elimination match - 'Wonderkid' Jonny Storm vs Joey Starr vs 'Tomcat' Kevin O'Neil.

After gaining a pinfall over O'Neil at 'Breaking Point', Jonny Storm will now have the odds stacked against him as he battles the 'Tomcat' and a man that narrowly lost out to Carnage - Joey Starr.

• 1 month later...

Archived