Quick Results from the Pay-Per-View:

-Challenge Match: Rob Van Dam Def. Christopher Daniels

-Television Championship: Robbie E Def. Eric Young

-Tag Team Championship: Crimson & Matt Morgan Def. Pope & Devon

-X-Division Title: Austin Aries Def. Kid Kash

-Knockouts Championship: Gail Kim Def. Mickie James

-James Storm Def. Kurt Angle

-Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy Def. Jeff Jarrett

-30 Min Ironman Heavyweight Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode ended in a 3-3 draw, Bobby Roode Retains

I thought the middle portion was very strong; Aries and Kash had a great match that made them both look good, Gail and Mickie had an above average women's match (shockingly botch-free I believe too), Angle and Storm was good and the Jeff's had a fun cage match.

The other undercard matches were forgettable.

I didn't care for the main event much at all. The crowd was dead, and doing the whole "injured leg" deal with Styles going into the match meant it was always going to be a bit of a slow match. With these two guys I want to see them going all out! I have no problem with a solid, wear-the-body-part-down match, but half of the appeal of AJ is watching his fast-paced style. The finish was bollocks. You don't just go "ah well, times up. It's a draw", this is wrestling, you get "Sudden Death Overtime" and everyone cheers.

Overall it wasn't offensive, but it was very miss-able.

For all those who only really know Gail Kim from WWE, and those who think Mickie James is the pits, you really should watch their match from this PPV. The best women's match of the year, hard-hitting with some great spots and an ending that hopefully sets the stage for a cage match at the next PPV.

TNA Women's division is perfect at the moment - bikini shenanigans backstage and really top-notch wrestling in the ring.

The PPV may not have been perfect but at least TNA are trying to make an effort to do things differently unlike the WWE who are just stuck in a rut.

Different isn't always good though, imagine you were in the US, had been really invested in the Roode/Styles feud (I know..) and paid out willingly and eagerly to see the Ironman match. Then it ends in a draw, and you have to tune into Impact on Thursday to get the end of the match for free with everyone else? I'd be thinking twice about paying for their product ever again.

Daft decision for the main event but it was a massive step up from last year's Final Resolution. I really enjoyed some of the PPV. Biggest Moan I am gonna give is the tag title match, TNA have some brilliant tag teams and seem do a good job and making tag teams. Instead we were given Morgan/Crimson Vs Pope/Devon. Both teams have no chemistry and it just makes a shit match. Morgan is a decent guy, I like him but he's always been booked with the wrong people. I hope they figure something out for him in the year 2012 and sack that piece of shit, Crimson

Daft decision for the main event but it was a massive step up from last year's Final Resolution. I really enjoyed some of the PPV. Biggest Moan I am gonna give is the tag title match, TNA have some brilliant tag teams and seem do a good job and making tag teams. Instead we were given Morgan/Crimson Vs Pope/Devon. Both teams have no chemistry and it just makes a shit match. Morgan is a decent guy, I like him but he's always been booked with the wrong people. I hope they figure something out for him in the year 2012 and sack that piece of shit, Crimson

Look at Morgan's speed and size. For a guy like him not to get pushed to the moon in WWE there has to be an issue. He is devoid of charisma, you just forget that when he's stood next to the blandest of bland Crimson.

Look at Morgan's speed and size. For a guy like him not to get pushed to the moon in WWE there has to be an issue. He is devoid of charisma, you just forget that when he's stood next to the blandest of bland Crimson.

Lacking maybe, but devoid is exaggerating it imo. He carries himself confidently enough and can deliver on the mic on occasion. Like when he said to Joe:

"... that is suicidal son! Get your fat, dumpy ass out here!"

• 1 month later...

Archived