(Debate) Top 3 UK Wrestlers of All Time

Serious Parody

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last couple of years as I built Serious Parody, I've spoken to a lot British people about wrestling. Most of them weren't fans in the slightest but they were all polite enough to feign interest if nothing else. The common response as I mentioned wrestling was for them to name drop a few wrestlers and while I'd have expected them to talk about Hogan or The Rock being as how they had big movie careers - the names that everyone seemingly dropped were in fact "Big Daddy", "Giant Haystacks" and "Mick McManus" and it was usually accompanied with "back when wrestling was real".

I'm not sure if that's testament as to how great they were or as to the lack of wrestling coverage throughout the UK in the 80's. Never the less, it's interesting to know that they are often associated with fond memories of a time when Wrestling was still a ""sport"".

For me it would have to be:

Marty Jones, The Dynamite Kid and Doug Williams.

I would have loved to put Kendo Nagasaki as he was the reason I got into British wrestling, but his range of wrestling moves was very limited. He was just a very strong, brutal wrestler with a brilliant gimmick. Loved watching him though. :smug:

I would have loved to put Kendo Nagasaki as he was the reason I got into British wrestling, but his range of wrestling moves was very limited. He was just a very strong, brutal wrestler with a brilliant gimmick. Loved watching him though. :smug:

Not a bad description of KN if i say so myself :thumbsup:

Can't really pick a winner and to be honest the level of thought that you guys put into this thread was far greater than I had expected. Here's a bunch of promo codes. First come first served.

FMNHF6PJ3L99

JELPTJP7TYFM

JJLW6KA7JYLE

PXPJWLH7AWFP

HFHRJ6WMX79P

XLPHPTNANMYP

Merry xmas everyone.

Can't really pick a winner and to be honest the level of thought that you guys put into this thread was far greater than I had expected. Here's a bunch of promo codes. First come first served.

FMNHF6PJ3L99

JELPTJP7TYFM

JJLW6KA7JYLE

PXPJWLH7AWFP

HFHRJ6WMX79P

XLPHPTNANMYP

Merry xmas everyone.

Promo codes for what exactly?

FMNHF6PJ3L99

JELPTJP7TYFM

JJLW6KA7JYLE

PXPJWLH7AWFP

HFHRJ6WMX79P

XLPHPTNANMYP

Merry xmas everyone.

Promo codes for what exactly?

Wrestling Manager on the iOS devices.

Archived