(Debate) Top 3 UK Wrestlers of All Time

Serious Parody

Really difficult question as at one point in time we were producing the best wrestlers in the world.If pushed1) A great call for Finlay 2) Marty Jones 3) Mark Roco\Dynamite Kid - I cant decide...oh wait what about Kendo...oh and Danny Collins who in the 90's was just on fire. ...oh and Jonny Saint,....Wayne Bridges.... Tony St Clare....Pete RobertsReally difficult question

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Daddy: The UK's Hulk Hogan. Somebody earlier said that if you asked some random in the street about British wrestlers most wouldn't know of Williams and McGuiness but they'd know Mick Macmanus. Well I gaurantee everybody would know Big Daddy. Was he the greatest technical wrestler? No, neither was The Hulkster but he made up for it in other ways. Big Daddy was one of the last real UK draws and they still flog t-shirts with his face on so he definately deserves a place on the list.Infact I think big Shirl could be my number 1

3. 'Big Daddy' Shirley Crabtree - A testament to how good Big Daddy actually was is how fondly he is still remembered to this day. He was extremely limited in what he could actually do but the test of a truly good worker is the ability to give people what they want and make them want to part with their money to watch you do it. If you hold that logic then Shirley Crabtree was very much the UK equivilant of Hulk Hogan, not the the best technical wrestler by any stretch of the imagination but like Hogan he had the amazing ability to make people care about what hes doing and that is what a true worker is.

I salute your Chilli Dog level of plagarism ;) haha
complete coincidence, I didnt even read the other posts. I will apologise though, dude, however unintentional it was!

Big Daddy: The UK's Hulk Hogan. Somebody earlier said that if you asked some random in the street about British wrestlers most wouldn't know of Williams and McGuiness but they'd know Mick Macmanus. Well I gaurantee everybody would know Big Daddy. Was he the greatest technical wrestler? No, neither was The Hulkster but he made up for it in other ways. Big Daddy was one of the last real UK draws and they still flog t-shirts with his face on so he definately deserves a place on the list.Infact I think big Shirl could be my number 1

3. 'Big Daddy' Shirley Crabtree - A testament to how good Big Daddy actually was is how fondly he is still remembered to this day. He was extremely limited in what he could actually do but the test of a truly good worker is the ability to give people what they want and make them want to part with their money to watch you do it. If you hold that logic then Shirley Crabtree was very much the UK equivilant of Hulk Hogan, not the the best technical wrestler by any stretch of the imagination but like Hogan he had the amazing ability to make people care about what hes doing and that is what a true worker is.

complete coincidence, I didnt even read the other posts. I will apologise though, dude, however unintentional it was!
Haha. To be fair I figured it was unintentional anyway, sort of proves our point though that he is still held in seriously high regard. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he should be hailed as the British Hogan

Haha. To be fair I figured it was unintentional anyway, sort of proves our point though that he is still held in seriously high regard. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he should be hailed as the British Hogan
your not, and with good reason. he was the top of the pile in this country because he took what was being done in America and applied it to wrestling here, ad because he was the only one doing it (with the exception of maybe Haystacks) he stood out and drew the crowds.

• Paid Members

1. Jim Breaks. Just a vile little bad tempered man who matched his incredibly watchable personality with excellent wrestling ability. My daughter, who I allow to watch the World of Sport stuff on Men and Movies as I know it will be good, clean entertainment has fallen in love with his emotional outbursts like I did at her age.2. Mark Rocco. Just a phenominal wrestler to watch. Hard hitting as anyone, and techniquely superb.3. Adrian Street. Excellent wrestling skills, and has me in hysterics with his antics.

1. British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith - simply due to the fact he became the first real household name not just in Britain but also America and mainevented WWE ppvs against Bret Hart for the IC title at Summerslam and if memory is correct went against him for WWE title at a IYH ppv once or twice.2. Mark Rocco / Dynamite Kid - i think both of these are equally as good as each other, both had classic bouts against each other and both world travellers. Dynamite always gets tremendous recognition but what ive seen of Mark Rollerball Rocco hes just as good as the Dynamite Kid.3. Big Daddy - agree with what others have said. He is our Hulk Hogan. The man drew, people loved him. A national treasure. So fondly known world wide even the Rock knows him as i remember on the Jonathon Ross show a few yrs ago the Rock was shown a clip of British wrestling by Ross and the Rock says hey thats Big Daddy. He was famous.

Interesting mix of knowledge & people who have no clue what they are talking about IMO? Thunderplex & JohnnyM both made good calls that i could agree with totally. I have picked 3 in no order, as they are very different wrestlers & very different reasons (4 actually)Fit Finlay : The best overall wrestler i ever saw live! Mat work, high flying (not a spot monkey, but was happy coming off the tope rope), heat, realistic style, legit tough, comedy.....You name it, he had a bit of everything.Jim Breaks : Phychology like you would not believe, barely touched the ropes or took a bump. He could wrestle, but had enough brains to realise it was safer to just entertain, Could do nothing for 30 minutes......Beautifully :thumbsup: Kendo Nagasaki/Adrian Street : Pure Charisma

Dynamite Kid - Such a great wrestler, His matches with Tiger Mask were awesome.William Regal - A real Man's Man. I love his matches with Finlay, and saw him last year wrestle Bryan Danielson which was match of the night. Even though he has had success with WCW and WWE I still think he is under-rated and should have had a World Title run.Adrian Street - A very flamboyant wrestler who blew kisses at the fans and then tore his opponents apart. Mick Foley said on Legends of wrestling presents Bad asses that no pain he has ever felt has come close to the time he asked Adrian to show him a few of his moves.I suppose when ever you try and decide who the best wrestlers are you are always torn between actual wrestling skill and who draws the most fans. Even though Big Daddy was probably the most popular wrestler in Britain I would never add him to the list of Best British wrestlers. I think I am correct in saying that his brother was the promoter and give him the big push, without this push I dont think he would have been successful any where else as he was just a fat guy who didnt do any moves except hit peope with his fat gut and get the crowd to chant 'easy'.

Dynamite Kid - Such a great wrestler, His matches with Tiger Mask were awesome.William Regal - A real Man's Man. I love his matches with Finlay, and saw him last year wrestle Bryan Danielson which was match of the night. Even though he has had success with WCW and WWE I still think he is under-rated and should have had a World Title run.Adrian Street - A very flamboyant wrestler who blew kisses at the fans and then tore his opponents apart. Mick Foley said on Legends of wrestling presents Bad asses that no pain he has ever felt has come close to the time he asked Adrian to show him a few of his moves.I suppose when ever you try and decide who the best wrestlers are you are always torn between actual wrestling skill and who draws the most fans. Even though Big Daddy was probably the most popular wrestler in Britain I would never add him to the list of Best British wrestlers. I think I am correct in saying that his brother was the promoter and give him the big push, without this push I dont think he would have been successful any where else as he was just a fat guy who didnt do any moves except hit peope with his fat gut and get the crowd to chant 'easy'.

Does it really matter if you are related to the promoter? Nepatism will only get you so far, For years Big Daddy was massively popular. Like the Von Erichs! Yes the were pushed by Fritz, but you cant take away how popular they were & on the rare occasions that they left the WCCW Territory they were never hampered by their father"s absence

Archived