The best Wrestling TV Show right now?

Cobra1000

Well, as the title says which is the best TV show on right now. What do you most look forward to watching each week?For me, its Smackdown. Last year after the draft it looked like Smackdown had been brutally raped of all its talent, but it took its time and finally there is a really great show there. Randy Orton provides the star power while the evolution of Mark Henry has been the best thing on WWE Television this year and lets not forget about the face turn of Sheamus, Christian's "One More Match" and the rising stars of Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan.Of course its not all good, Askana segments, Mick Foley in a Santa suit and Jinder Mahal and Ted Dibiase, but hey everything can't be perfect. Over to you, UKFF.

I can't be the only one who sees potential in Jinder Mahal surely? He kinda reminds me of Dolph when he first appeared. The same intensity. Green as fuck which is fine really. I reckon in a couple of years opinions on Jinder Mahal will be very different.I'd have to go with Smackdown as well.

I can't be the only one who sees potential in Jinder Mahal surely? He kinda reminds me of Dolph when he first appeared. The same intensity. Green as fuck which is fine really. I reckon in a couple of years opinions on Jinder Mahal will be very different.I'd have to go with Smackdown as well.

In fairness I am slowly coming around to him, think there is a lot of potential there to be groomed into a good superstar, I just haven't been entertained by him while he's been on Smackdown!

Superstars by a mile. Simple story lines and decent matches. Usually watch one of the round up shows to see whats happened on smackdown and raw as there is a lot of crap mixed in with decent stuff. Bits of impact are watchable but theres too much utter shite surrounding it to make me care. I will probably start watching more wwe as it gets closer to mania. The ppv next week seems interesting and killer Mark Henry works for me. He has really helped establish Daniel Bryan

Apologies as I know you most likely meant American wrestling, but Dragon Gate's weekly Infinity show have been far and away my favourite from this year. 2011 has been a really fantastic year for Dragon Gate angles and feud wise, simple storylines even a non-Japanese person can follow, and some absolutely brilliant wrestling displayed with a lot of my most enjoyed matches from this year being from a DG ring.

I just cant get into shows like Superstars and back when it was around Velocity etc. Its a bit like saying youd prefer to go and see a non league Football match instead of a Premier League match given the option between the two, I just cant buy into or relate to anything on the show. RAW for me, as its the only one I watch.

I just cant get into shows like Superstars and back when it was around Velocity etc. Its a bit like saying youd prefer to go and see a non league Football match instead of a Premier League match given the option between the two, I just cant buy into or relate to anything on the show. RAW for me, as its the only one I watch.

Your analogy's a bit off. The likes of ROH would be the non league teams. Superstars/Velocity type shows would be like going to watch a Premier League's reserve team.

Superstars by a mile. Simple story lines and decent matches. Usually watch one of the round up shows to see whats happened on smackdown and raw as there is a lot of crap mixed in with decent stuff. Bits of impact are watchable but theres too much utter shite surrounding it to make me care. I will probably start watching more wwe as it gets closer to mania. The ppv next week seems interesting and killer Mark Henry works for me. He has really helped establish Daniel Bryan

Although I wouldn't say it was "the best" show, I've been impressed with Superstars earlier this year when I was watching it quite regularly. Couple of midcard guys having the chance to put on longer matches (including the likes of Denielson, Dibiase, Masters, Kidd etc) and putting on really quite decent matches. And despite the utter lack of depth to the "roster" of the show, they tend to keep simple storylines ticking over.In some ways its a shame they don't incorporate this "longer match / simple story" formular onto Raw and Smackdown along with it's other fast paced storylines, but I appreciate that it probably wouldn't work as the "A" shows work best as a fast moving storyline driven show. As for what I feel is best; hard to say and in some ways don't want to. I think all three shows in the last year have been pretty solid and I am thankful for that.

Archived