New Scene Wrestling Presents....... XTREME LIMITS TODAY

FishAndChips

What a night! Thank you so much to the SOLD OUT crowd at Aston Students Guild, Aston University. New Scene Wrestling WOULD NOT be the same without ANY of your fans. You are the guys that make us drive for better things each and every show. The atmosphere you guys created last night was incredible. BIG thank you to all the staff and everyone involved in NSW. The show wouldn't of ran so well without ANY of your help. So Thank You very much. A BIG round of applause to all the wrestlers last night. YOU Guys Are Awesome. BUT a VERY BIG Thank You to the Current TNA Tag Team Champion 'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan, what a true gentleman and awesome athlete. You are the definition of PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER Matt.

Everyone NSW are going to keep on giving our best to put on the best quality of shows in the UK for you fans. You deserve this. WE WILL get British Wrestling BACK. Before I go. NS DUB NS DUB NS DUB.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my second NSW event and second BritWres event too. I attended NSW's previous show at Aston University back in November and ended up really enjoying myself but this time around it was even better. There were no bad matches on the card and pretty much everything delivered what I expected it to. The crowd appeared to be almost doubled in size from the last NSW show at Aston which is always nice to see. The show was taped for DVD.

The opener between Marshall-X and Pete Dunne was a solid match, although I did not get the need for a DQ finish here.

The Scurll/Dar/Andrews/Smile 4-way and the Redman/Sabre/McKinnan 3-way were a blast to watch. Great nonstop action in both matches and a quality performance from everybody involved. This was my first time seeing Dar and McKinnan wrestle and they both impressed me.

Shanna vs. Holly Rocamora was a pretty good women's match, I thought. Sadly though, the crowd wasn't as excited as I was to watch the women wrestle and the match didn't get as much of a reaction as it should've had. Holly keeps improving everytime I see her wrestle and Shanna always puts on a good show.

Tiny Iron vs. Rockstar Spud wasn't much of a wrestling match but it was great entertainment. Spud's absolutely tremendous and Tiny is one very impressive-looking dude. This match saw one of my favourite chants from the night which was "One inch cock" which was heard after Spud bragged about being a "daaaamn sexual animal" in his pre-match promo. Fun stuff!

Personally I'm not much of a death match fan but I have to give Mike Mason and Jimmy Havoc their props. They put on a brutal match. Great effort by those two. Afterwards, if I understood him correctly, Havoc challenged Mason to a flaming tables death match for the next NSW show. Btw, this time around Mason's valet wasn't Holly Rocamora but rather Becky James (at least, I believe that was her) and the crowd was all over her with lots of different chants ("She's a crackwhore" being the loudest).

There was no explanation as to why but the main event ended up being Matt Morgan and T-Bone vs. MVK and Tiny Iron. No complaints from me. I had heard good things about T-Bone but had never seen him wrestle so it was nice to finally see him in action. Liked his work and popped big for him calling Valkabious "Most Valuable Cocksucker" during the pre-match promo. Then Matt Morgan came out and got what was definitely the biggest reaction I've heard at an NSW show but that was to be expected. I saw Morgan live at the IMPACT TV tapings in London last week but seeing him in a smaller, more intimate setting like the NSW show was much cooler. The match was just a basic tag team match but I loved it. Morgan's post-match promo was also good stuff.

I guess the biggest story coming out of the show was that Tiny Iron and another big muscular black guy (anyone know who that was? EDIT - Apparently his name is Animal) joined the top heel group The Black Diamonds and Abbas the Iranian Warrior and Marshall-X were kicked out of the group. It was then revealed that Abbas is 50% owner of NSW (Fonzo of the Black Diamonds holds the other 50%) and he then brought out two new dudes with him to set up a future feud between the two groups. I tell you what, MVK, Tiny Iron and the new guy are one very impressive-looking group.

Overall, like I said, I really enjoyed the show. It wasn't only the actual wrestling show that I enjoyed a lot but the overall experience was better from the previous NSW show too as this time around the wrestlers were more accessible and I got to talk to and take a photo with almost everyone who I wanted to which definitely added a lot to the whole experience. The only slight downside about that was that the post-show

So after his cracking online promos, was there any Spud/Squirrel face off? Or any kind of confrontation at all?

No. There was nothing on the show.

During the second intermission though, as him and Shanna were leaving the venue, he once again cut a short promo on Marty since a few guys were asking him about Marty. He then went on to point at a few girls and starting shouting that they were ring rats, which I thought was hilarious. A bunch of us started a "Bag of dicks" chant as that was happening. Fun times.

theres 20+ short videos from this show

Great stuff! Really enjoyed your videos from the last NSW show at Aston and you've got some really cool ones this time as well. Judging from the camera angle you were sitting two rows right in front of me. :)

theres 20+ short videos from this show

Great stuff! Really enjoyed your videos from the last NSW show at Aston and you've got some really cool ones this time as well. Judging from the camera angle you were sitting two rows right in front of me. :)

And the same row as me but to the left a few seats more! Everyone who's uploaded videos/pics seems to be in that vicinity.

I was sitting directly opposite where those videos were shot. A fun show, but the booking of Tiny Iron (heel turn to join the Black Diamonds, treated as a face for his match against Spud and then back to heel for the main event) was a bit confusing. In fact, the Black Diamonds gimmick itself is a bit of a head scratcher, as members seem to change from show to show. For example, Marshall X was kicked out midway through the show after losing the opening match by DQ. It would have been worth him being beaten clean so there was a reason to kick him out.

Overall, the wrestling ranged from fine to great, and the atmosphere was good too. The four-way was excellent, the three-way was great too, but suffered from being another multi-man match, Holly Rocamora is steadily improving, and the deathmatch was a spectacle, if a little gratuitous.

I hope the pandering for an NSDUB chant stops soon though, as it seems so forced. Just let the fans do their thing instead of trying to lead the chants. Also, the show finished an hour later than originally advertised, which is rough if anyone was on public transport and had to leave early.

Overall though, NSW is one of the best promotions in the Midlands and is worth a look if you're around the Birmingham area.

Archived