NGW Dawn of Heroes - Saturday 21st Jan; Hull - HIGHLIGHT VIDEO

Dunny

NGW Dawn of Heroes:

Absolutely Solid Show tonight... This was the perfect follow up to EGIII wrestlers were awesome... and thats a modern word for an old guy like me AJB... the new guys were impressive with their first performances too...Roll on February for the trainees show and back with a bang in March for the next main show...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NGW Dawn of Heroes:

Absolutely Solid Show tonight... This was the perfect follow up to EGIII wrestlers were awesome... and thats a modern word for an old guy like me AJB... the new guys were impressive with their first performances too...Roll on February for the trainees show and back with a bang in March for the next main show...

Cant think of a single negative comment about this show. All matches were good, The second half was perfect! Good to see Lothian/Robbie X/ "Wilfire" Ricky Halestorm making strong NGW debuts. Big lively crowd, Not bad considering an awful recession + few weeks after Christmas & not the easiest of venues to get to.

Really proud of EVERONE who busted their asses for the love of wrestling/NGW (& There are quite a lot of us). Should be another good year for NGW, The word is spreading. We aint playing games, We give you a show :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
NGW Dawn of Heroes:

Cant think of a single negative comment about this show. All matches were good, The second half was perfect! Good to see Lothian/Robbie X/ "Wilfire" Ricky Halestorm making strong NGW debuts. Big lively crowd, Not bad considering an awful recession + few weeks after Christmas & not the easiest of venues to get to.

Really proud of EVERONE who busted their asses for the love of wrestling/NGW (& There are quite a lot of us). Should be another good year for NGW, The word is spreading. We aint playing games, We give you a show :thumbsup:

Was so gutted to have missed this , I was 50/50 all week. I really had to spend the day flying and posturing for myself and this was my first day of all year. What a horrible sacrifice :(

I heard it was an amazing show once again , anyone who has not been to a NGW needs to check it out !

I'm sure Dunny will put up a detailed Description of the events at a later date bt the quick results were

Los Amigos retained the Tag Titles vs Bhangra Knights

Stixx defeated Martin Kirby

Rampage Brown defeated Joey Hayes

Sam Bailey/Zack Diamond defeated Avian/Robbie X

Lowthian (With Dani Brooks) defeated Ricky Hailstorm

Matt Myers retained the NGW Championship vs Nathan Cruz (With Richie West/Mel Price/Kev Cash) (Rampage Brown attacked Myers after the contest)

A 30 man Royal Rumble announced for March 10th the winner will be the number 1 contender for the NGW Championship

Was so gutted to have missed this , I was 50/50 all week. I really had to spend the day flying and posturing for myself and this was my first day of all year. What a horrible sacrifice :(

I heard it was an amazing show once again , anyone who has not been to a NGW needs to check it out !

I was the same, It seemed I was going to be able to make it, but alas, it was not ment to be. Great to hear Robbie got a shot, always thought he would fit in nicely with the NGW style/crowd. Again, it sounds like a great show, I look forward to seeing the DVD :thumbsup:

Detailed result report from NGW Dawn of Heroes - Saturday 21st January 2012 - Eastmount Centre, Hull

After ending 2011 on such a high with fan favourites Los Amigos becoming the first NGW Tag Team Champions and 'Amazing' Matt Myers went to war with Nathan Cruz in one of the best matches that NGW has ever witnessed, a match that he went on to win and capture the NGW Championship much to delight of the crowd. Eternal Glory at the end of 2011 would certainly be a tough act to follow but at Dawn of Heroes on 21st January 2012 NGW certainly stepped up to the challenge and showcased a solid show from top to bottom.

In the opening bout which saw Los Amigos put their newly won NGW Tag Team Championships on the line against The Bhangra Knights making their NGW debut. After showcasing some fast paced action and dynamic Tag Team moves that had helped Los Amigos secure the Tag Championships at Eternal Glory, had the almost 200 strong crowd in full voice, Los Amigos managed to isolate the Bhangra Knights allowing El Ligero to hit the C4l and take the victory, giving Los Amigos a successful first title defence.

Up next General Manager Mark Criteria was introduced to the NGW crowd, he then start to berate the fans informing them that he was sick of being disrespected and therefore announcing he was resigning from his position as General Manager and in his last act as General Manager announced a 30 Man Rumble Match to take place on March 10th at Destiny with the winner receiving an NGW Championship Match.

Stixx defeated Martin Kirby in a close fought victory. Both men greatly respected by the NGW fans put themselves through punishment to try and take the victory especially hot off the heels of the 30 Man Rumble announcement as victory here would ensure momentum going into Destiny. After an exciting exchange, Stixx was able to run through Kirby with a devastating Spear, picking up the victory and continuing his run of success after taking the undefeated streak of Colossus Kennedy at Eternal Glory in December. After the match, NGW Academy Member Caz Crash strutted out to the ring disrespecting Kirby, after some harsh words he followed it up with a slap to Kirby, who tried to walk away but ended up getting back in the ring and dropping Crash in the middle of the ring. Not quite the impact Caz Crash was hoping to have that night

In the last match of the first half Rampage Brown defeated Joey Hayes via submission. Both men had a solid outing, but it was Rampage that was always gaining the upperhand with high impact moves that left Hayes writhing in pain, but in the dying moments Hayes started a fightback that looked to be causing Rampage concern, but in a flash as seen before Rampage was able to lock in the Crossface and make Hayes tap out.

After the interval it was announced to the crowd that due to further complications of the injuries suffered at the hands of Sam Bailey, Danny V had been forced to retire, leaving Avian to fight the battle alone. Although Avian was to have the suprise advantage in announcing a replacement tag partner, the exciting Robbie X. Both men worked well together and Robbie X won the respect of the NGW crowd instantly due to his high octane action. But it was Bailey and Zack Diamond Gibson that would take the victory that night after Bailey took out Avian with his baseball bat, Team GB hit a unique Superkick Suplex double team combination and took the victory.

Up next NGW Academy member 'Wildfire' Ricky Halestorm took on newcomer to NGW the Tyneside Titan Lowthian who was an impressive specimen, standing tall over Ricky Halestorm, Lowthian was able to pick up the easy victory over Ricky Halestorm, who despite his best efforts could not prevent running into a crushing kick by Lowthian. Lowthian's representative Danni Brooks then took to the microphone to announce that Lowthian would be entering the 30 Man Rumble next month at Destiny.

In the main event a rematch for the NGW Championship took place between Nathan Cruz and champion Matt Myers. Prior to the match it was announced that a new General Manager had been appointed and in their first act had made the main event a No disqualification match, this was met by great approval from the crowd. Myers and Cruz took advantage of this stipulation fighting inside and outside the ring throwing as much as they could at each other. Cruz Enterprise got involved on numerous occasions trying to sway the match in Cruz's favour. But Myers managed to fight them off, although Cruz was able to call out Colossus Kennedy who hit a massive Chokeslam on Myers after some initial hesitation. El Ligero and Dara Diablo ran out to chase off the Colossus Kennedy and in this distraction Cruz took his eyes off the match and allowed Myers to take advantage with a Shining Wizard kick and pin Nathan Cruz for the third time in NGW. After the match was over Rampage Brown came down to spoil the celebrations and floored Myers with a statement of intent!

Saturday March 10th

Finally starting to catch up after a busy weekend. Cracking show Packed house - standing room only! Thank you to everyone that came. Some really interesting developments too and some debutants made a huge impact. Exciting times for 2012 in NGW!

Some photos from this Saturday:

408049_10150619967900815_107786050814_11116720_1358006960_n.jpg

Lowthian & Dani Brooks in their debut

402608_10150618770645815_107786050814_11111548_242606967_n.jpg

Los Amigos V Bhangra Knights

395363_10150617286690815_107786050814_11105813_169750537_n.jpg

Stixx Entrance

396583_10150617272525815_107786050814_11105772_1183828927_n.jpg

NGW Champion, Matt Myers

Archived