SmackDown

King Pitcos

Del Rio certainly doesn't draw main event level boos. There has been few occasions when Ricardo Rodrigeuz gets more heat than him.

I disagree entirely, i love Ziggler, think he is ready for main events, when he comes on the mic i find him great, I don't think wwe are quite ready to let him go on his own yet, so why not give him a Title run with Vickie by his side, see how it goes, give him more time on his own, and when that is finally done get him out on his own.

But that's just you being blinkered by your own preferences. I prefer Ziggler to Del Rio as well, but I'm not blind to which one of them gets the far bigger reactions. Del Rio's not doing as well as he should be, but he's got a character that people know and respond to. Ziggler's got a manager that people know and respond to. He's got talent, but no established character at all (and the "look at my workrate" show-off gimmick he's playing with is a bit too niche to propel him anywhere). And that needs sorting well before he gets back near main events, or he'll end up as another Swagger.

Good story telling from both brands this week.

I'm impressed with Barrett too, I love the old school pre-taped interviews.

Think Ziggler was really good on the mike this week & could be ready to ditch Vicky & break out on his own, first needs to drop the mid card belt.

• Paid Members

And Cody Rhodes V Booker T will be for the Intercontinental Title which is great stuff. Hopefully Rhodes retains.

I'm sure he will. I really love how much more time and attention has been given to the two mid-card titles as of late. We have two well deserving mid-card champions, along with the insanely over Zack Ryder doing everything he can just to get a U.S. title shot, and a well respected veteran battling for the old school IC title. Awesome.

And Cody Rhodes V Booker T will be for the Intercontinental Title which is great stuff. Hopefully Rhodes retains.

I'm sure he will. I really love how much more time and attention has been given to the two mid-card titles as of late. We have two well deserving mid-card champions, along with the insanely over Zack Ryder doing everything he can just to get a U.S. title shot, and a well respected veteran battling for the old school IC title. Awesome.
They do seem to be building up all the belts nicely recently. Heavyweight title is being carried by a man being booked like a monster.Agree with you on the IC and US belts.The Tag belts were going along nicely until Bourne's suspension as well.Hopefully they'll develop a big angle around the WWE Title soon as well, they're already moving steadily in this Punk Vs Laurinitis thing, but they need someone under Laurinitis's control to challenge Punk. A returning Batista would be awesome for this (if that can happen).

• Paid Members

Would the mass audience buy Clay as a WWE Title contender though? And they already have one monster heel Champ in Henry.

If he came out and destroyed Punk after a match to the point he had to do a stretcher job, yeah I'd say so. Would have to be done properly though!

Archived