the psmag ps50

wrestlemania

I wonder if PS will put any WWE wrestler in the top ten??

A WWE wrestler must be in the top 3, so they can justify putting them on the cover.

I don't think the mag will shift many units in the supermarkets with a ROH wrestler on the cover for coming out at the top spot

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just wondering who everyone thinks or deserves to be ranked no 1 in this months ps50 in the december issue of powerslam? imo the number 1 rated guy in wwe neways should be randy orton hes been the most rock solid all year on tv and on ppv imo, especially when you factor in his stellar string of matches with christian

Haven't been following PS lately but I'd say those are fair picks. I also expect Punk and Del Rio to do well and that Triple H will make it in there somewhere on the back of his three matches. Not as big a fan of Punk or Trips as most but Del Rio has really shown me something.

Miz has had a strong year in my book. I

The fact is though, the PS50 will only be formed off what Fin watches. So that's WWE, TNA, roh and Puro. So people who are having crackers in places like IWRG haven't got a sniff because Fin "Lord of Wrestling" Martin don't watch it.

Fin Martin usually uses this countdown to display his apptitude for the fine art of cluelessness, with that said, surely if someone can be counted as one of the top 50 wrestlers in the world they would be working for at least one of the above?

There's the Lucha places as well. Although I never remember Findlay ever actually properly covering Lucha (could be wrong though).

IIRC back in 1993 SOW used to sometimes cover AAA on Galavision in the news section. Not sure if they still did after it became PS although they definitely did have a write-up/review in 'What's Going Down' on AAA's When World's Collide at the time. Can't remember any others off the top of my head.

So it may have been a Superstars of Wrestling thing along with USWA.

• Paid Members

I had no idea Lawler was still working regularly. It's a right shame WWE don't let him get in the ring more often.

I can't wait to laugh at the PS50 this year anyway. I'd expect Orton to feature in the top 3, along with a write-up praising his efforts for 'dragging useless lump Mark Henry through a watchable contest at Night of Champions'.

In fact, I'd expect most of the guys that have worked with Henry this year to make the list, with snide digs at Mark Henry (who won't list) in all of their write-ups.

• Paid Members

I'd put money on the phrase "worked (a) miracle(s)/minor miracle with Mark Henry" or some variant to be involved. Definitely the word miracle.

Jerry Lawler would be in my top ten (again) but I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. Hopefully he finally squeezes in there for the first time this year.

Good shoult on Lawler. Not sure I'd have him in the top ten just because of the infrequency of him working, but on top of his WWE stuff he had a really good indy run, including a brilliant match with Terry Funk from NEW.
By all accounts he's still having crackers with Bill Dundee every saturday night as well.
I saw Lawler and Dundee have a really good match in Nashville this January, Doug Gilbert was great on the show too. Have you seen the Lawler vs. Dundee tag where each of them has a local doctor as a partner? It's fucking awesome, the heel doctor in particular...

• Paid Members

With regards to the indies my top guy this year would have to be El Generico. Guy never has a bad match. With regard to the PS50, I'd hazard a guess either Punk or Orton would be No.1

Archived