the psmag ps50

wrestlemania

Yeah, Chris Masters should definitely be in. Although unfortunately him having a bodybuilder look, as well as him being off TV for the last 6 months, will probably cost him a place which would be a travesty.

The fact is though, the PS50 will only be formed off what Fin watches. So that's WWE, TNA, roh and Puro. So people who are having crackers in places like IWRG haven't got a sniff because Fin "Lord of Wrestling" Martin don't watch it.

What stuff do you watch these days, Butch?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact is though, the PS50 will only be formed off what Fin watches. So that's WWE, TNA, roh and Puro. So people who are having crackers in places like IWRG haven't got a sniff because Fin "Lord of Wrestling" Martin don't watch it.

Yes, it'd be nice to see Los Traumas get a little recognition, but it ain't happening.

Fin Martin usually uses this countdown to display his apptitude for the fine art of cluelessness, with that said, surely if someone can be counted as one of the top 50 wrestlers in the world they would be working for at least one of the above?

Fin Martin usually uses this countdown to display his apptitude for the fine art of cluelessness, with that said, surely if someone can be counted as one of the top 50 wrestlers in the world they would be working for at least one of the above?

That's ridiculous logic really, there's only so much room in the "top" wrestling companies, and on top of that it's not like everyone in WWE, ROH or TNA has a spot on the roster because they're a great wrestler. Not that I'm suggesting that they should be, just in case anyone starts on that.

That's ridiculous logic really, there's only so much room in the "top" wrestling companies, and on top of that it's not like everyone in WWE, ROH or TNA has a spot on the roster because they're a great wrestler. Not that I'm suggesting that they should be, just in case anyone starts on that.

its not ridiculous logic at all, you could honestly make a top 50 list with 20 of which being WWE alone.

• Moderators

There's the Lucha places as well. Although I never remember Findlay ever actually properly covering Lucha (could be wrong though).

There's the Lucha places as well. Although I never remember Findlay ever actually properly covering Lucha (could be wrong though).

OK, you have me there, Butch. I will grant companies such as CMLL and AAA as they are certainly on a higher level than ROH.

its not ridiculous logic at all, you could honestly make a top 50 list with 20 of which being WWE alone.

You could make a top fifty with fifty people from WWE in it as well I'm sure, doesn't mean it would be a particularly fair representatioin of the entire wrestling world.

You could make a top fifty with fifty people from WWE in it as well I'm sure, doesn't mean it would be a particularly fair representatioin of the entire wrestling world.

no but you certainly can make a fair representation in the form of a top 50 featuring upwards and possibly more of WWE talent alone. they are not the top promotion in the world for no reason, nor do they garner more viewers and maintain that be some considerable distance for no reason.

no but you certainly can make a fair representation in the form of a top 50 featuring upwards and possibly more of WWE talent alone. they are not the top promotion in the world for no reason, nor do they garner more viewers and maintain that be some considerable distance for no reason.

I'm not arguing that there isn't a lot of great talent in WWE (or TNA, ROH, etc). I was just making the point that it's a bit silly to think that you have to be in one of those groups to qualify as being eligible for a best wrestler poll.

I'm not arguing that there isn't a lot of great talent in WWE (or TNA, ROH, etc). I was just making the point that it's a bit silly to think that you have to be in one of those groups to qualify as being eligible for a best wrestler poll.

its not silly but those are the top companies in the world that are constantly updating their rosters with the best talent from everywhere else and in the case of WWE, developing them into even better talent still

its not silly but those are the top companies in the world that are constantly updating their rosters with the best talent from everywhere else and in the case of WWE, developing them into even better talent still

But I'm NOT ARGUING THAT! I'm just saying that it's physically possible for someone working outside of the Japanese scene, WWE, TNA or ROH to be considered one of the fifty best wrestlers in the World. If Daniel Bryan got fired tomorrow and did an extended tour of Butlins, would that automatically mean he's no longer top 50 material?

of course it wouldnt, but in actuality that doesnt happen because in the incidence of one of the top 50 workers in the world leaving, for example, WWE either TNA or one of the big Puro companies (AJPW, NJPW, NOAH) swarm over them... but Im willing to accept an example of where Im wrong.

of course it wouldnt, but in actuality that doesnt happen because in the incidence of one of the top 50 workers in the world leaving, for example, WWE either TNA or one of the big Puro companies (AJPW, NJPW, NOAH) swarm over them... but Im willing to accept an example of where Im wrong.

A guy like Luke Gallows is having a pretty damn good year, working places like Puerto Rico and little Georgia indies and the like. Fit Finlay too is having some fine matches all over, including a great one with Sami Callihan in EVOLVE. I'd also have guys like Trauma I, Trauma II and Black Terry in a top fifty for 2011 as well, even though, for their sins, they've never worked for WWE, TNA or ROH.

Archived