the psmag ps50

wrestlemania

just wondering who everyone thinks or deserves to be ranked no 1 in this months ps50 in the december issue of powerslam? imo the number 1 rated guy in wwe neways should be randy orton hes been the most rock solid all year on tv and on ppv imo, especially when you factor in his stellar string of matches with christian

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Henry and cena not to make top 50 despite being in best main event matches of the year. 2 of top 5 to be roh. Prince devit to get a write up that would make his mum feel sick.

Overall martin to miss point is best wrestlers are the ones who make the most money, not those who have most concussions in a year .

if i had to choose id say cm punk has been the wrestler of the year, involved in a great storyline which brought people back to watching wwe again. hes had solid matches against good opponents, his match vs cena was the best match of the year at mitb ppv

mark henry has to be in top 10 though as hes had a great run re invented himself into a unstoppable monster heel and is just awesome at the moment.

john cena deserves to be in top 10 aswell, always produces the goods in the big matches. is a little annoying with his promos but who cares, he is money.

• Paid Members
I wonder if PS will put any WWE wrestler in the top ten??

Orton and Christian, for having what Martin describes as the best in-ring rivalry in WWE this year.

It'll be Davey Richards :angry:

It's possible, even though he hasn't exactly showered himself in glory since winning the belt. From one or two of Findlay's comments in the New Japan write ups, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts Tanahashi as number one as he's a good compromise between having what Fin thinks of as blinding matches (not that I disagree) and being top draw/champion of a decent-sized fed for most of the assessment period.

As I may have stated in another thread, I'll be stunned if the top ten doesn't include Tana, Richards, Orton, Christian and Devitt. Possibly Kota Ibushi, Nakamura and Eddie Edwards too. Maybe Kurt Angle, if he's been active enough for Fin's liking.

does anyone even care about who the indy loving, toilet roll substitute thinks is the best?

Yes, either because they are interested in his opinion, or because they wish to ridicule the choice. Either way, interested enough to post in this thread. So... why have you?

mark henry has to be in top 10 though as hes had a great run re invented himself into a unstoppable monster heel and is just awesome at the moment.

You don't read PS, do you?

Orton at number one would be fair. I'd have Chris Masters as the best in the first half of this year, and Mark Henry in the second half, but taking the whole year into account, it's Randy for me. Helps that he's been the face of a brand as well.

Those, along with Rey Mysterio would be my WWE picks to be right at the top of the list, at least if I had control of it - I doubt Henry will place, and if he does, certainly not high on the list. El Generico and Claudio Castagnoli have both had great years on the indies, I'd be happy with either on top, in particular Generico.

• Moderators

Yeah, Chris Masters should definitely be in. Although unfortunately him having a bodybuilder look, as well as him being off TV for the last 6 months, will probably cost him a place which would be a travesty.

The fact is though, the PS50 will only be formed off what Fin watches. So that's WWE, TNA, roh and Puro. So people who are having crackers in places like IWRG haven't got a sniff because Fin "Lord of Wrestling" Martin don't watch it.

Archived