Your Dream Gig

NEWM

Had this thought when a particular act came on the ipod on the way to work this morning. ANY act, living or dead, in any venue, what would you pick? Want to reunite the un-reunitable and watch The Smiths? Want to dig up two Beatles or Elvis? Go for it? Want to be transported across the world to see your favourite act in a place like MSG? Go for it.

Mine? Well, okay, this will probably sound like a fucking diabolical choice to you all, but sod you, it's mine. Basically, I would love Girls Aloud to a Carling Acadamy-sized venue over-18s only tour. No mental stage productions in enormous arenas, no kids and neon toys. Just around 1000 adults who admit to accepting that they're fucking brilliant, the band and maybe a couple of blokes on guitars and drums behind them, just for the hell of it. Everybody gets pissed up and has a well good time titting about to some of the best pop ever. The girls can have a bit of swear if they like, a bit like a Hollyoaks late night special.

There's others that often spring to mind, but I always think would be a fucking belter, but realistically would never go ahead.

Now you.

• Paid Members

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility but I would love to see Mastodon and Porcupine Tree supporting Pink Floyd.

I keep hoping for a final Pink Floyd tour, honestly thought it might have been on the cards after Live 8 but it doesn't seem to be happening :/

Currently, my dream tour would be Errors and 65daysofstatic which should, in all likelihood, be a probability but it still feels more like wishful thinking than something that would actually happen.

• Paid Members
Had this thought when a particular act came on the ipod on the way to work this morning. ANY act, living or dead, in any venue, what would you pick? Want to reunite the un-reunitable and watch The Smiths? Want to dig up two Beatles or Elvis? Go for it? Want to be transported across the world to see your favourite act in a place like MSG? Go for it.

Mine? Well, okay, this will probably sound like a fucking diabolical choice to you all, but sod you, it's mine. Basically, I would love Girls Aloud to a Carling Acadamy-sized venue over-18s only tour. No mental stage productions in enormous arenas, no kids and neon toys. Just around 1000 adults who admit to accepting that they're fucking brilliant, the band and maybe a couple of blokes on guitars and drums behind them, just for the hell of it. Everybody gets pissed up and has a well good time titting about to some of the best pop ever. The girls can have a bit of swear if they like, a bit like a Hollyoaks late night special.

There's others that often spring to mind, but I always think would be a fucking belter, but realistically would never go ahead.

Now you.

It's not that out there. Give it ten years...

• Paid Members

Now you.

Have you seen GA live befire? I'm assuming not. I have & they're fucking awful, it'd be a nasty dream.

• Paid Members
Want to reunite the un-reunitable and watch The Smiths?

Yes. Yes I do. I did see a fantastic Smiths tribute band a couple of weeks back though (The Smyths) in Peterborough. Would recommend to anyone else who is gutted at being too young to have seen them before the split and too pessimistic / realistic to believe they'll ever perform together again.

• Awards Moderator

The Beatles, obviously, with cameo appearances from Eric Clapton, Robert Johnson, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello and ELO. Buddy Guy, too, so I could take my Dad and keep him happy.

In The Cavern. Not the one there now, the proper one. If we can dig up the dead in this thread, surely we can rebuild venues, too!

• Paid Members
I keep hoping for a final Pink Floyd tour, honestly thought it might have been on the cards after Live 8 but it doesn't seem to be happening :/

David Gilmour said that any hope went away when Rick Wright died. I'd love to see the others tour but it wouldn't be Pink Floyd without Rick.

Have you seen Roger Waters?

Archived