WWE Network New Programming

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

This has been put off until late 2012, because they havent got their ducks in a row yet. Smart move really. Debuting it the day of WrestleMania was always a daft move, and its best to sort the thing out before you launch it. Dave Meltzer was on the Observer radio taking about Vince McMahon wanting to bring back HULK HOGAN AND RIC FLAIR when their contracts are up later this year as special attraction acts and PR representatives for the promotion. To be honest, it would be quite hard to have a WWE Network, if there is a restriction on footage using this pair.

I think its time to come home, lads.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's on an appearance based deal. And he hasnt been on TV since October, so they dont pay him when he isnt making appearances. And Hogan will only be doing a few appearances for them this year. He's seems to have totally checked out of TNA. TNA's always seemed more of a Bischoff vehicle anyway. Where as, if Hogan was working for WWE, even if they weren't using him he'd make more on DVDs, video games, those Mattel figures. Dont know about Flair, though, because unlike Hogan, he wants to be on TV every week doing his heel act. I think it'll happen, though. WWE and Hogan will work together and fall out another 10 times before McMahon or Hogan kicks the bucket. Hogan's ego probably got dented when he did all those appearances for TNA before Bound for Glory and it didnt do as well as expected, and WWE wants a figure head for a nostalgia based network. When both sides want something from the other, you can guarentee they'll be back in each others good books (until it explodes again).

• Paid Members

It's now looking obvious that Naitch and Vince have been sorting out a deal, considering Flair was on the WWE Network commercial and his contract is up next month I think. I think using him in WWE in a similar way he's been used in TNA would be gold. Let him mentor a stable, then you'll have your new stars.

Stephanie McMahon, who WWE is attempting to push to the media as a major corporate executive, is briefly profiled in SportsBusiness Journal. Quite like husband Paul 'Triple H' Levesque, McMahon wants to eliminate bullying: she lists that and launching the WWE Network as her goals for 2012.

Speaking of the WWE Network, she says "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik and Dusty Rhodes will be a part of WWE Legends' House. Rhodes, however, stated this week on Twitter that he will not be appearing on the program.

Sheiky is in, hope he gets his medicine.

Honkytonkman has been announced for Legends House. And Oscar from Men on a mission says he will be involved with the network.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter were on the original cast list for WWE Legends' House, a reality show premiering in 2012 on the WWE Network that will put eight to ten 'Legends' under one roof. Production for the show will begin soon in California.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper and "Mean" Gene Okerlund are confirmed for the show. Stephanie McMahon was quoted as saying in Entertainment Weekly that Dusty Rhodes and Iron Sheik would be on it as well.

wrestling observer newsletter

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to see this. But what does this mean for the network, I saw this as the Flagship show to launch the channel. And with the YouTube channel will launch be postponed indefinitely? Seemed very cagey in the shareholders conference call. (The thing about needing a partner, no launch date and shopping around the content)

The thing I don't like about that is that it pretty much guarantees no Tough Enough until at least the second half of the year. I loved last year's season, was the best bit of WWE telly in a long time.

It doesn't really make sense for them to do another Tough Enough yet anyway, then the previous winner still hasn't been seen doing anything other than checking tickets outside FCW shows.

• Paid Members

I imagine this is partly due to the smell the Attitude era left over. Last time they were 'mainstream' and had the most press and eye balls on the product, they were known as "raunchy".

I think the network not getting off the ground is the best thing that can happen. I think everybody (bar Vince, of course) is of the opinion that this will be another big loss for the company. It would be one thing if their core product was 'hot', but it's far from it.

Archived