WWE Network New Programming

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Promising idea, it could be compulsive viewing providing it doesn't end up being scripted, or "NXT'd"

Being realistic about who they might use, I'd like to see the following line-up:

* Gene Okerlund

* Sunny

* Rowdy Roddy Piper

* Jim Duggan

* Road Dogg

* William Regal

* Sgt. Slaughter

* Bill DeMott

* Ron Simmons

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Who i would like to see (if its completley non scripted):

* Bradshaw (confrontational bully, right sided political views)

* Blue Meanie (due to problems he's had with JBL mainly)

* Jess Ventura (very strong minded left'ish political views)

* Joey Styles (same as above and he has pretty strong right sided political views so a debate between him/bradshaw/ventura would be a good laugh)

* The Godfather (seems to be one of the nicest guys in wrestling, a proper fun dude too)

* Sunny (yeah, just for the fun of it)

* Jim Cornette (he in my mind is one of the funniest men in wrestling)

* Mr Fuji (can you just imagine the possible pranks that could take place?)

* Meng (fuck yeah)

* Sable (i imagine she could be pretty bitchy)

* Marty Janetty (party time baby!)

* Ahmed Johnson (why the fuck not, i bet his temper would be great and when he is kicking off, no one would understand him so no need for 'bleeps', legend)

• 3 weeks later...

From the Observer

As of today, the plan is that in 2012, the PPV schedule will be the same with Rumble, Chamber and Mania. From April through December, the plan is for only SummerSlam and Survivor Series to be national PPVs and the rest will be WWE Network specials. They may also remain on PPV based on the idea that much of the country won

• Paid Members
* Sunny (in case I get to see her tits)

* Sable (in case I get to see her tits)

* Ahmed Johnson (in case he fucks Sunny)

Fixed.

Moving away from the PPV model is an interesting idea, and it'll be fascinating to see if it works for them. People have been suggesting that TNA do this sort of thing for quite a while by having live specials on TV once a month, and if this works for WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if they try it later down the line too.

I think it'll be important to keep the main shows on PPV, and having the other ones on the Network might work. Even if it's just the main reason that people decide to get the channel, as I imagine it'd probably work out cheaper than shelling out $45 for a show. If they do get FCW on there as well, it could certainly help boost their profile and give some of the talent down there a chance to shine.

I'll be optimistic and say that the idea will take a while to catch on, but they'll stick with it and find a way to make it successful.

They seem to be moving away from the PPV business, which from what I keep reading is a good idea, as it is a dying business. Isn't Dana White moving UFC away from the PPV market gradually too?

They are'nt right now, they are going to use FOX to build new stars and then hopefully make them Pay Per View stars. They are trying to build up the Fuel TV channel though, the same way the WWE are by getting their fans to complain to their Cable and getting them to pick the Network up or switch cable companies.

Boxing only has a few major PPVs a year and most of them do over a million buys and that's largely because they are seen as major attractions, so hopefully the WWE start trying to make the big 4 special again with long term build up.

So how does everybody see this turning out?

The more I here about it, the more I can't help but think it's going to be a massive bomb.

depends on their pricing strategy, if they start at at around, or even a bit lower, than people are paying for a PPV every month you'd expect them to hit a level of subscribers at least around the low end PPV numbers. If they charge much more than that I can see them having trouble. No matter how good the additional programming is most people don't want more wrestling every week than they get with Raw and Smackdown, would be a hard sell to the more casual fan to get them to a pay a premium above PPV price for programming they won't watch.

Boxing only has a few major PPVs a year and most of them do over a million buys and that's largely because they are seen as major attractions, so hopefully the WWE start trying to make the big 4 special again with long term build up.

I'd be very surprised. They can't even do a three-week build-up without the wrestlers fighting each other twice, so it's going to take a massive overhaul in philosophy to try and fill a three month feud without making people sick of it by the time the pay-per-view rolls around.

• Paid Members

As shit as the buyrates are currently, WWE still make money on them. They'll only scrap their current model if they start to make a loss.

You'd hope with both the Survivor Series buyrate and the recent Raw ratings, WWE will have woken up a bit. Any match that people anticipate (and they are rare), WWE soon put an end to it with mental booking.

Archived