The ATTACK! Pro Wrestling free video thread

ATTACK!Wrestling

ukffvideothreadheader.png

That's right! You (one of you) suggested it, and now you (all of you) have got it; we've turned this into a thread to share our many glorious videos! Complete with a terrible ripoff logo! And the crowd goes wild~!

We'll update this top post with our latest video whenever we have one, and bump down the last one into our archive section below it. So all our videoy goodness is stored in one nice little location. If you want to get the videos before everyone else (and why wouldn't you?!), go and like our facebook page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ukffvideothreadlatest.png

This one is technically cheating, since we didn't make the video ourselves, but we liked it so much that we wanted to share it, and Mandrews was cool with us passing it on... so here it is! It's the 2011 highlight video produced by none other than "White Lightning" Mark Andrews. Mark enjoyed a breakout year in 2011, wrestling across Europe, and jetting over to the USA to compete in CHIKARA's Young Lions Cup. All those experiences are documented here, in the form of a 4-minute flippy rollercoaster! He also helped us get ball rolling at ATTACK! Pro Wrestling, and the video features footage from matches he had at our shows against Pete Dunne, Eddie Dennis, Mike Bird, and tagging with Zack Sabre Jr against the Dunne Bros. It's a brill mashup with the spotlight on one of the most exciting wrestlers coming out the UK today, and that's why we wanted to pass it on to you all. Hope you enjoy it, we did!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ukffvideothreadarchivee.png

Posted 06/12/11 |

Posted 14/09/11 |

THE ORIGINAL POST IN THIS TOPIC WAS TO SHARE THIS VIDEO....

A little under a month ago on a Saturday night in Erdington, ATTACK! Pro Wrestling held the middle night of their latest Birmingham weekender. A great night was had by all, to such a level that we deemed it appropriate to start referring to ourselves in the third person whilst telling the tale. As we rather like giving out digital content, consider this a little advent gift from your new favourite Britwres promotion - it's the main event from that very night! In full, no less!

Click on the piccy up at the top of the post, and you'll magically be transported to youtube, were you'll be able to watch the whole thing using your computer monitor and your eyes*.

*Apologies to the blind for the inconvenience this requirement may cause

Silly writeups aside, it's a match we all really enjoyed and everyone in attendance that night really enjoyed, and we're sharing it because we reckon you'll really enjoy it too. If it happens that you do enjoy it, we'll have more digital content like this being rolled out over time, so please do give our facebook a 'like' to get it all as it comes. We're also on twitter, and you can subscribe to our youtube channel as well, if you're into that sort of thing.

It's a cracking little match, indeed. Always good to see Zack in action, but it was good to see Mark Andrews, who i've seen very little of. Deffinately gonna' be something special in another year or so. I was also very impressed with The Dunne Brothers who weren't on my radar at all, but seem like a competant up and coming heel team

It's a cracking little match, indeed. Always good to see Zack in action, but it was good to see Mark Andrews, who i've seen very little of. Deffinately gonna' be something special in another year or so. I was also very impressed with The Dunne Brothers who weren't on my radar at all, but seem like a competant up and coming heel team

Aye, we all really rate Mandrews here. Exciting to watch, a really likeable & charismatic bloke, and delivers consistently. Always improving too. I totally agree with what you say; if he keeps improving in the way he has done (and knowing how hard he works), in a couple of years he's going to be incredible. Considering how good he is today, the mind boggles at what he could become. The Dunne Bros are two guys also who I'm surprised haven't had more exposure, but they're increasingly getting around now, and have come on a ridiculous amount in the last year or so in every aspect of their game; they look better, and their performances have come on in every aspect. I fully expect they'll be a fixture in a lot more places in 2012.

Putting people over aside, cheers for checking it out guys, glad you both liked it. I hope you weren't the only two though! The number of views on the vid suggests there is a silent majority out there... let us know if you enjoyed it and why!

Out of interest; do people tend to prefer full matches online, or do you like highlight packages, or do you fancy having a bit of both? Or maybe something else altogether? We're planning on giving you all sorts over the coming weeks and months (variety is the spice of life!), but it's good to know what gets people the most interested. After all, this content is for guys like you! So let us know what you want to see!

Thread bumping and market research out the way, i can now return to drinking tea and watching Desperate Housewives. See you all soon!

The ATTACK! Pro Wrestling team

• Paid Members

At the level your promotion's at, being precious over giving away too much content for free would be a backwards step (not an accusation, just an observation). Let people see what you think is great in full, as you've done here. A couple of good matches and a highlights video would be a good enough idea, but honestly, I'd say take it show-by-show rather than promising to post at least 2 full matches or anything like that. You never know what's going to happen, or who'll be having an off-day (or indeed, an on-day), so wait 'til after the shows to decide exactly what you want to get out there from each one.

Also, you could do worse than keeping it all in this one thread - a single thread with tons of replies looks better than a few with not many, plus it'll be enjoyable to look through. Maybe update the first post with all new videos, too.

A highlight reel for a particular wrestler, but a complete match when it's a match.

Only watching the selected bits of a match makes me suspicious.

Makes a lot of sense, i see the logic there! We should be putting out a decent mixture of both over the coming months.

At the level your promotion's at, being precious over giving away too much content for free would be a backwards step (not an accusation, just an observation). Let people see what you think is great in full, as you've done here. A couple of good matches and a highlights video would be a good enough idea, but honestly, I'd say take it show-by-show rather than promising to post at least 2 full matches or anything like that. You never know what's going to happen, or who'll be having an off-day (or indeed, an on-day), so wait 'til after the shows to decide exactly what you want to get out there from each one.

Also, you could do worse than keeping it all in this one thread - a single thread with tons of replies looks better than a few with not many, plus it'll be enjoyable to look through. Maybe update the first post with all new videos, too.

We want to be giving away plenty of free content where we can do so; gets our name seen out there and also gives us a chance to show what we're about to those that might not be able to make some of the shows. You're dead right though on doing it on a show-by-show basis; this is how we've been doing it and how we'll continue to proceed (we're just making sure to spread out the content a bit so as not to blow our load too soon, so to speak!).

Keeping all the videos in one thread isn't something that's crossed my mind but it's a terrific idea, mainly just because it allows us to keep an archive of our content. Definitely think that's how we'll proceed from here on in.

Feedback like this is always appreciated and we always take it on board. Whilst we do like to think we know what we're up to, at the end of the day, it's those who consume the content who should be having the say on how it's presented to them!

Cheers all!

One other thing - centre-aligning your press release type posts looks nifty. Centre-aligning all your posts looks weird. IMO, of course.

Funnily enough, the first time i posted on this forum, i had a right internal battle with myself over whether to use the centre-align or not. Previewed both a couple of times before settling. This may just be the right tactic to resolve my little dilemma! I see that you get as irked with these small details as much as i do ;p. Sometimes i even get tempted to go back and capitalise every "i" i've written. I've become so reliant on Word autocorrecting it that i don't capitalise it as i type, and it gets on my nerves somewhat! Anyway, ramblings aside, point noted, I'm trialling it with this post and i'll see how much i like it ;)

Cracking match that!

I started watching it when it was first uploaded but got distracted, so finally got chance to watch it today after being reminded by all these threads bumps.

Zack is quality and one of England's best, and this match is another reason why I need to get the opportunity to see Mark Andrews live one day. Him going face first into the ring post was scary. And I was really impressed by the Dunne Bros to boot.

A very high quality match that, one in which I didn't mind watching via fancam at all.

Cracking match that!

I started watching it when it was first uploaded but got distracted, so finally got chance to watch it today after being reminded by all these threads bumps.

Zack is quality and one of England's best, and this match is another reason why I need to get the opportunity to see Mark Andrews live one day. Him going face first into the ring post was scary. And I was really impressed by the Dunne Bros to boot.

A very high quality match that, one in which I didn't mind watching via fancam at all.

We were actually supposed to have the entire show filmed for DVD, but our DVD fella dropped out on us with little notice, so unfortunately we had to go down the "fancam" route. Massive shame because it was such a strong show (even if we do say so ourselves!), but you make do in such situations. Next year we're aiming to have all our shows filmed "fo realz" (as they probably don't say in the industry).

Many thanks to everyone that's had a watch and let us know their thoughts. And point taken on board with the text alignment!

• 3 weeks later...

ukffvideothreadnew.png

The more observant amongst you will notice that we've transformed this thread into a swanky video thread. Do you like what we've done with the place? Here's our first contribution under this sexy little design...

This one is technically cheating, since we didn't make the video ourselves, but we liked it so much that we wanted to share it, and Mandrews was cool with us passing it on... so here it is! It's the 2011 highlight video produced by none other than "White Lightning" Mark Andrews. Mark enjoyed a breakout year in 2011, wrestling across Europe, and jetting over to the USA to compete in CHIKARA's Young Lions Cup. All those experiences are documented here, in the form of a 4-minute flippy rollercoaster! He also helped us get ball rolling at ATTACK! Pro Wrestling, and the video features footage from matches he had at our shows against Pete Dunne, Eddie Dennis, Mike Bird, and tagging with Zack Sabre Jr against the Dunne Bros. It's a brill mashup with the spotlight on one of the most exciting wrestlers coming out the UK today, and that's why we wanted to pass it on to you all. Hope you enjoy it, we did!

We've got show news for you soon, so we'll be back soon!

Cheers,

Archived