the 'Arena' to be shut down

Santino_Is_Awsome

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

This has figuratively bored me to tears.

Glads I'm on board for the grammar correction "Don't say literally if it's not literal" nonsense because after all that's just plain wrong, however when you move onto "Don't say literally if it's not neccessary" then you're jumping into full blown grammar nazi territory and I think he's entitled to tell you to fuck off and stop being overly critical about a forum post.

Plus, I think rather than being unneccessary he missed a 'just', as in "They literally just ran 3 shows there this weekend" which reads a lot better.

Well if we're going over analyse and subject an amusing post to far too much scrutiny -

1) it's a 5 point rating system; it covers the whole gamut from egregious but not factually incorrect, down to complete nonsensical use. That why this was given only 2 Redknapps.

2) he's not indiscriminately correcting grammar mistakes everywhere; he's picked a particular cause to champion to attempt to turn the tide on this particular topical typographical travesty. So, not a grammar nazi.

as a somewhat related aside, the grammar nazi in me wants to scream whenever I see that Ian has written another ten page essay and yet remains completely oblivious to the correct use of absolutely every homonym.

By his definition though, you'd never use the word literally.

I literally fell off my chair laughing - there's no need for the literally, you just fell off your chair laughing. You can apply it to every single use of the word literally. That's why it's such a moronic point. The word literally is never needed, it's a word used for emphasis. And if you want to emphasise the fact they ran 3 shows at the weekend, it's perfectly acceptable.

Essentially, gladstone, if you really want to show off about how you know the right way to use the word, you may need to understand it first.

Actually, there is a need for literally in that scenario, as I fell off my chair laughing is a figure of speech, such as I laughed my head off. Therefore, literally IS needed there if such an event took place. Also, you should capitalise people's names.

• Moderators

How many promotions have actually run at the 'Arena'?I count:ECWMECWCZWXPW3PWPWU (that crap with shitarses like Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere)IWA Mid SouthChikaraROHwXwHardcore HomecomingMust be more?

There's THIS one-off "Supershow".

This is a pretty thorough list of promotions to promote at the arena - Promotions to use the arena. At the minute it seems CZW shows will stay there but CZW and CHIKARA training schools are having to be relocated effective immediately and CHIKARA may need to look for a new venue for there big shows like KOT weekend as it seems there tenure there might be done.

Glads I'm on board for the grammar correction "Don't say literally if it's not literal" nonsense because after all that's just plain wrong, however when you move onto "Don't say literally if it's not neccessary" then you're jumping into full blown grammar nazi territory and I think he's entitled to tell you to fuck off and stop being overly critical about a forum post.

Plus, I think rather than being unneccessary he missed a 'just', as in "They literally just ran 3 shows there this weekend" which reads a lot better.

Plus, I think rather than being unnecessary he missed a 'just', as in "They literally just ran 3 shows there this weekend" which reads a lot better.

Thank you.

Plus, I think rather than being unnecessary he missed a 'just', as in "They literally just ran 3 shows there this weekend" which reads a lot better.

Thank you.

No no, thank you.

as a somewhat related aside, the grammar nazi in me wants to scream whenever I see that Ian has written another ten page essay and yet remains completely oblivious to the correct use of absolutely every homonym.

To be fair to Ian, he's dyslexic. So it's an illness, rather than ignorance.

Archived