the 'Arena' to be shut down

Santino_Is_Awsome

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just changing owners:

Roger Artigiani will be selling his interests in the Asylum Arena to the previous owner/operator of the Trocadero Joanna Pang, who (as stated in previous articles in the Philadelphia Daily News) wants to put on concerts there with the blessing of its current owner, Stein & Silverman.

It is important to note that wrestling and other sporting events WILL continue to be run at the venue.

Combat Zone Wrestling will continue to run shows at the venue; and for the short term, Artigiani will manage the transition to the building's new owners

http://www.pwbts.com/messages/50533.htm

Article pulled from PWinsider before taken down

Quote:THE FORMER ECW ARENA SHUTTING DOWN

by Dave Scherer @ 2:58 PM on 12/6/2011

The building formerly known as The ECW Arena at the corner of Swanson and Ritner St. in South Philadelphia is shutting down immediately. Promoters that have equipment in the building have been told that they have 48 hours to get everything out. The final event in the venue was CZW's Cage Of Death on 12/3. The venue debuted as a wrestling arena for ECW when founder Tod Gordon ran there in 1993. It quickly became one of the more famous wrestling venues in the world.

There have been rumors for the last year that the building was going to be purchased and used to house a religious organization. Several weeks ago The Philadelphia Inquirer there was an article about issues between the current leaseholder of the building, Roger Artigiani, and another potential leaseholder that wanted to make the venue a concert hall. We will have more information as it comes in. "

Quite surprising since they literally ran 3 wrestling shows there this past weekend, plus had ones lined up for Juggalo Championship Wrestling, CZW and CHIKARA until at least February. Wonder why the story was pulled though.

• Paid Members
Quite surprising since they literally ran 3 wrestling shows there this past weekend

From now on, anyone on here misusing the word 'literally' will be subject to The Redknapp Rating.

On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 Redknapp ranks as 'I'll Literally Let You Off' up to 5 Redknapps which would mean you're 'Literally Shit'.

You, sir:-

jamie-redknapp_1074784.jpg

Quite surprising since they literally ran 3 wrestling shows there this past weekend

From now on, anyone on here misusing the word 'literally' will be subject to The Redknapp Rating.

On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 Redknapp ranks as 'I'll Literally Let You Off' up to 5 Redknapps which would mean you're 'Literally Shit'.

You, sir:-

Surely if they literally did run 3 wrestling shows this past weekend, it's not an incorrect usage? They didn't only run two, but he's exaggerating for effect and using literally in the wrong way, they literally ran three?

Oh I grant you it may not be entirely needed (so many words aren't, in so many sentences) but that doesn't make it incorrect. The whole people misusing literally annoyance thing is more when it's patently not true.

IE I literally died laughing, things like that. Clearly you didn't, or you wouldn't be recounting the situation. They literally ran three shows this past weekend, well they did, and three's more than you might normally expect for a weekend, so it seems fair enough.

I think you may have literally misunderstood what people who get get annoyed about the misuse of the word literally are getting annoyed about, or simply don't entirely understand the word.

This may literally be ironic, as long as you don't mean ironic in the sense of a bit like iron, in which case it literally wouldn't.

Oh I grant you it may not be entirely needed (so many words aren't, in so many sentences) but that doesn't make it incorrect. The whole people misusing literally annoyance thing is more when it's patently not true.

IE I literally died laughing, things like that. Clearly you didn't, or you wouldn't be recounting the situation. They literally ran three shows this past weekend, well they did, and three's more than you might normally expect for a weekend, so it seems fair enough.

I think you may have literally misunderstood what people who get get annoyed about the misuse of the word literally are getting annoyed about, or simply don't entirely understand the word.

This may literally be ironic, as long as you don't mean ironic in the sense of a bit like iron, in which case it literally wouldn't.

Did you literally have to use "literally" in every sentence?

• Paid Members

No, Kiffy. Just say they ran some shows. There's no need to say they literally ran some shows. It's still incorrect and/or unnecessary usage.

This has figuratively bored me to tears.

Glads I'm on board for the grammar correction "Don't say literally if it's not literal" nonsense because after all that's just plain wrong, however when you move onto "Don't say literally if it's not neccessary" then you're jumping into full blown grammar nazi territory and I think he's entitled to tell you to fuck off and stop being overly critical about a forum post.

Plus, I think rather than being unneccessary he missed a 'just', as in "They literally just ran 3 shows there this weekend" which reads a lot better.

Archived