X-Pac Heat

L_E_T_H_A_L

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
See there's the disconnect right there. You're an internet smark and therefore in no way representative of the majority of wrestling fans, same as it was back when the term was coined. "X-Pac is boring and we hate him, so therefore all fans who hate him must be bored too!". Generally fans don't react by booing people they are bored of, they react with indifference. If your comparison to Ted Dibiase was accurate then why isn't he being booed out of every building he appears in as well?

Add in the TV numbers, now I don't have the quarter hour breakdowns from TV around that period and I'm sure you don't either but I'd bet money that if X-Pac's appearance caused a significant drop in ratings (and by people's insistance on this thread, X-Pac had everyone reaching for the remotes) every time he appeared on screen each week then he'd have been taken off TV long before he eventually left.

X-Pac heat is a bullshit term, if he got a reaction then he got a reaction. If the crowd is sitting on their hands, THEN there's a problem.

They didn't boo him. They pretty much ignored his matches to chant 'X-Pac Sucks' throughout them because he was dull. The only reaction he would get was usually for the Bronco Buster and even that was mild boos.

A reaction is still a reaction though, and that's my point. He generated a reaction, and people didn't tune out. Isn't that the duty of a midcarder?

The whole point of the phrase 'X Pac Heat' was that it was a reaction that no wrestler wants. It was a "get off my tv/live show" reaction.

X Pac is great, and has been brilliant at times, but at that particular point of his career his act wasn't over.

I liked X-Pac in 2000-2001 (even X-Factor). Am I a bad person?

The whole point of the phrase 'X Pac Heat' was that it was a reaction that no wrestler wants. It was a "get off my tv/live show" reaction.

X Pac is great, and has been brilliant at times, but at that particular point of his career his act wasn't over.

A reaction is still a reaction though, and that's my point. He generated a reaction, and people didn't tune out. Isn't that the duty of a midcarder?

By that logic literally everything can be termed as a reaction, including a non-reaction.

Again, we live as we always do in this internet bubble. Show me the quarter hours that show he had a detrimental effect to ratings and I'll conceed the point, otherwise I still think it's the usual case of internet fans moaning and assuming that their opinion is the same as the majority, and I don't think the term is valid, and should be synonymous with X-Pac.

"Billy Gunning a push" is completely valid however....

Mr Anderson/Kennedy. Nothing about him appeals to me. He has shown glimpses of having brilliant promo skills and even the odd decent match, but he always follows it up with the most boring unwatchable dross week after week. I don't even think he has the look of a 'star' either and that's even without the horrible black tattoos. His physique doesn't look right and his ring gear is abysmal. He's the kind of guy who thinks getting rid the bleached hair and growing a beard will help him improve his 'character' when it doesn't mean a thing.

Totally agree with this, cannot stand the guy. I just dont get anything about him, the saying your name twice, the way he talks, moves, looks.

Never really saw much in MVP either, hated his moveset and ring attire but hes certainly not on the level of Anderson hatred.

After the Bound for Glory Main Event kicked me in the plums, I currently feel like this about TNA, all of it. It's still Series Linked in my Sky+, and I still just delete it every week with a grumble. I'm not sure when I'll go back to it (probably some time next year), but the idea of having to watch Eric Young do anything, Robert Roode as a heel World Champion instead of a babyface one, RVD phoning it in and any Abyss involvement whatsoever has me totally put off. I'm not even poking my nose into the thread on here at the moment, which is something I would normally do just in case something sounds good. Something in my brain is insisting that I ignore these cunts for a while, no matter what they do. I miss Jeff Jarrett and fuck all else, basically.

Currently, I can honestly say there's nobody in the WWE that does that for me, because they seem to have isolated it all nicely on NXT or Superstars where I don't feel as obliged to check it out every week. I even quite enjoy watching Dibiase's shameless slutting to the crowd in one last desperate attempt to make a boring twat less boring.

But to answer the question definitively, The Bushwhackers and Jim Duggan. Then, now, and always. I cannot abide by ANY of their work. Sheepherders doesn't count, and if I one day decide to go through the UWF I'm sure I'll "get" Duggan a bit more. But otherwise, both of them can fucking swivel.

Oh, DH Smith as well! Worst ever.

I don't know what was worse- the fact he was so shit or the fact loads of people on here seemed to give him a free pass because he was British and/or Bulldog's son. Same applies to Drew McIntyre, Paul Burchill and pre-Triple H feud Sheamus. All absolutely terrible. Drew was always particularly awful, NEVER got good, and some people still seemed convinced he was one feud away from the World Title.

• Paid Members
I've always liked Drew, there's just something about him. His bit in the EC was cosmic.

This is true, he looked like a star in that match. Sadly he's been meh every other time I've seen him. Plus he is far too quiet when he is cutting promos or involved in backstage segments, to the point where I can't even hear him.

• Paid Members

Booker T. He was always a bit shit, even at his "peak", but since sometime around 2005 when he decided he was never, ever going to break a sweat again he's been horrible, business exposingly bad. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that he's still employed by WCW, sent on a mission to put everyone else out of business because it's just so hard for me to believe anyone could be that bad without doing it on purpose.

I want to punch the screen whenever he's wrestling, cutting a promo, commentating*, or laughing directly into a camera whiile he's supposed to be hurt. I want to punch this computer screen even more when I read people say stupid things like letting him back into a ring will "give Cody a rub", it worked fucking WONDERS for Robert Roode, didn't it? Short of bringing in Konnan, or bringing Test back from the dead WWE couldn't have picked a much worse opponent, for Cody, or for my enjoyment of the show.

He had the shittest song on the WWE Originals album as well.

* Excluding Black Snow, obviously.

Raven. I once saw him in an ace hardcore match with Rhyno where he got speared through a shopping trolley, this combined with the internet love for him kept me on the hook for years, but really everything else I've ever seen him do has been shite.

Archived