X-Pac Heat

L_E_T_H_A_L

There doesn't seem to be a lot Del Rio can do to keep me tuned in. I'll fast forward his segments 90% of the time.

Also, whenever Vickie Guerrero speaks. It's such a shame because it means I have to fast-forward some Dolph time, but I'll always make sure I'm not skipping a promo of his.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I remember him being the only WWF wrestler who was booed by the pro-WWF crowd at Invasion in 2001.

Because he was still wrestling as a heel, and fighting one of the one two faces on the Invasion team? Surely that was the intended reaction? Or else they would have, you know, turned him face.

He was mega-over until early 2000. For a good while after that, he had fuck-off heat. I remember him being the only WWF wrestler who was booed by the pro-WWF crowd at Invasion in 2001.

Despite being a WWF guy he was still a heel at the time and Kidman was a popular babyface, despite being a WCW invader.

Yes, but the heat he was attracting wasn't regular heel heat. It was more, "Go away, we're sick of the sight of you" heat. That's why it coined a term.

• Paid Members

Mr. Kennedy, Rob Van Dam, Ted DiBiase and Crimson are all people who should not be on my TV. Kennedy/Rob Van Dam clearly can't be arsed anymore, Crimson isn't clicking on any level and the only interesting thing DiBiase has done in ages is dress up in a Santa hat and give the kids Mattel figures.

I would normally dump Abyss in this list, but he's currently helping Bully Ray and Scott Steiner come up with some good material. So that's something, I guess.

Ted Dibiase. He's just so dull. He irritates me even more when he does that stupid shaking all over angry thing to show that he's intense. It doesn't look intense. It looks hilarious. He's not a very good wrestler either. The best thing he's ever done was be in a tag team with Cody Rhodes.

This

• Paid Members
He was mega-over until early 2000. For a good while after that, he had fuck-off heat. I remember him being the only WWF wrestler who was booed by the pro-WWF crowd at Invasion in 2001.

Despite being a WWF guy he was still a heel at the time and Kidman was a popular babyface, despite being a WCW invader.

Yes, but the heat he was attracting wasn't regular heel heat. It was more, "Go away, we're sick of the sight of you" heat. That's why it coined a term.

It's a stupid term, which was coined by the sort of net fans that prefer cool heels, that they can cheer for.

• Paid Members
Ted Dibiase. He's just so dull. He irritates me even more when he does that stupid shaking all over angry thing to show that he's intense. It doesn't look intense. It looks hilarious. He's not a very good wrestler either. The best thing he's ever done was be in a tag team with Cody Rhodes.

This

His dad too for me.

But the person who came to mind first was Chris Benoit closely followed by Dean Malenkio.

Theirs a bunch of guys from different eras as well.

It's a stupid term, which was coined by the sort of net fans that prefer cool heels, that they can cheer for.

Fuck off. It's a bang-on term for the kind of things that people feel for the likes of Abyss and Ted Dibiase now. Don't even try and pretend it's because he was such a great heel. It's because he was boring as fuck and no cunt even wanted to see him. And don't give me 'but that's what a heel does' because if Lance fucking Storm had done it he'd have been just as bad.

Fuck off. It's a bang-on term for the kind of things that people feel for the likes of Abyss and Ted Dibiase now. Don't even try and pretend it's because he was such a great heel. It's because he was boring as fuck and no cunt even wanted to see him. And don't give me 'but that's what a heel does' because if Lance fucking Storm had done it he'd have been just as bad.

Exactly, his act was stale as fuck by the end of summer 2000, its not like he was suddenly having shite matches, it was just no one wanted to watch his matches in the first place

• Paid Members

If Lance Storm had done what? I'm not saying X-Pac was great at the time that phrase was coined, but he was nowhere near as bad as some people seem to think.

In his day Waltman was a cracking, charismatic worker. A thousand times better than Abyss or Ted DiBiase ever have been or ever will be.

Archived