'Dream' feuds/matches featuring midcarders...

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

The idea of 'dream' matches has been done to death, but here's a slight twist on that. What MIDCARD wrestlers would you like to see feud or wrestle with midcard wrestlers of time gone by?

Personally, I think Festus Vs Big Daddy V could have been fun. Same with Crash Holly Vs Santino...

How about you?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Rick Martel vs Tito Santana in a feud where they'll wrestle about 4000 times over two years, and have a match featured on the majority of WWE's video releases and Rick Martel will win 80% of the matches by reversing a cradle while holding the tights.

Steamboat v Perfect, Steamboat v Martel, Steamboat v Santana.

Brad Armstrong v any of the above.

I would have loved a Killer Bees v Bulldogs match

Rock n Roll Express v Fantastics

Bossman v Martel

Haku v Barbarian, Meng v Scott Norton

Some of these may well have happened but I don't recall seeing them

I could think of a billion midcarders from now going back to about 2004 who could have superb matches with 90s X-Pac (or as Syxx or the Kid, for that matter), pointing particularly to his '98 European Title run as the sort of stuff to really bring the spark out of the endless strem of bland no-hopers the WWE has shoved out there since FCW became the only feeder. Also, I'd love to see how some of the recent monsters would have thrown him about. Khali and an in-his-prime babyface Waltman could be glorious, for example. Big Zeke, Mason Ryan and Skip Sheffield would almost certainly grow exponentially from matches with him too.

The reverse of that would be Dolph Ziggler, who could get in the time machine and have tremendous chemistry with the bigger guys of yesteryear. Ziggler/Bossman or Ziggler/Bigelow would likely be excellent.

Don't know why I've thought of this specifically, but for some reason I think Air Boom and the 93/94 Quebecers would be absolutely outstanding.

I could think of a billion midcarders from now going back to about 2004 who could have superb matches with 90s X-Pac (or as Syxx or the Kid, for that matter), pointing particularly to his '98 European Title run as the sort of stuff to really bring the spark out of the endless strem of bland no-hopers the WWE has shoved out there since FCW became the only feeder. Also, I'd love to see how some of the recent monsters would have thrown him about. Khali and an in-his-prime babyface Waltman could be glorious, for example. Big Zeke, Mason Ryan and Skip Sheffield would almost certainly grow exponentially from matches with him too.

The reverse of that would be Dolph Ziggler, who could get in the time machine and have tremendous chemistry with the bigger guys of yesteryear. Ziggler/Bossman or Ziggler/Bigelow would likely be excellent.

Don't know why I've thought of this specifically, but for some reason I think Air Boom and the 93/94 Quebecers would be absolutely outstanding.

Ziggler Vs Mikey Whipwreck would be nice

• Paid Members

Too Cool vs The Boogie Knights would have been an ideal choice for opening match if they ever did a proper "WWF vs WCW" ppv. And I'm sure I'm not the ony person who fantasised about seeing Jerry Flynn vs Steve Backman, in THE BLOCK!

King of the deathmatch: Crash Holly vs Screamin' Norman Smiley's my main one. I'd have payed anything to see that.

Archived