If there was some magic shit I could wave over the industry

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Well, as the Briscoes say, that the promoters in the top two companies would realise that wrestling is for grown men, and put out a product accordingly

That people stop pretending that wrestling should purely be for adults, that it was mature in their days and realise that it's okay to have a product aimed squarely at children or a family audience and just because they don't like it doesn't mean that it's a stupid thing to do. Just as a different product could aim itself only at adults. And have done in the past.

I saw Eminem live Friday night, fucking fantastic.

Which leads into my on-topic point- WWE has used celebrities in the past for both its big booms. The 80's had Ali and Mr. T, the late 90's had Mike Tyson. Meaningful celebrity involvement could spike the product again. The writers and bookers would have more incentive to use the talent they have more effectively if there was a serious push to bring WWE back to the true mainstream. The Rock is helping a lot in that way at the moment, the situation isn't as dire as people seem. I'd use celebrities to much greater effect to help make wrestling "cool" again, not this silly promotion guest host stuff. Jonah Hill doing a skit with the Bellas doesn't help WWE at all.

Well, as the Briscoes say, that the promoters in the top two companies would realise that wrestling is for grown men, and put out a product accordingly

Once again, DDD ventures out from his lair to make a stupid comment. Will he try to fight his corner? Probably not.

Bye bye then, DDD!

wrestling is for kids to be honest. thats how we all got into wrestling in the first place, as children. some of us grow out of it whilst some of us stay hooked to it.

you just got to take it for what it is and if you dont like todays current wrestling then theres always youtube and dvds of previous decades worth of wrestling. i like to watch old wcw on youtube theres nearly every ppv and nitro from the 90s

• Moderators

Woyzeck, can we put DDD under DUANE RULES in the wrestling forum? He's stuck his head up to make some stupid comment, and he should be made to debate and explain it, which he frustratingly never does, like Duane is in the conspiracy ones.

wrestling is for kids to be honest. thats how we all got into wrestling in the first place, as children. some of us grow out of it whilst some of us stay hooked to it.

you just got to take it for what it is and if you dont like todays current wrestling then theres always youtube and dvds of previous decades worth of wrestling. i like to watch old wcw on youtube theres nearly every ppv and nitro from the 90s

There are plenty of promotions more than capable of presenting a card that appeals to adults as well as younger fans The big problem is that some promotions(usually the biggest and most well known)go too far down the inane,purile and insultingly trite road.The fans here in the UK are fortunate to have some good solid small promotions appealing to all ages as well as a few(ICW in Scotland,Fight Club Pro in Wolves for example)appealing successfully to adults.

There are plenty of promotions more than capable of presenting a card that appeals to adults as well as younger fans The big problem is that some promotions(usually the biggest and most well known)go too far down the inane,purile and insultingly trite road.The fans here in the UK are fortunate to have some good solid small promotions appealing to all ages as well as a few(ICW in Scotland,Fight Club Pro in Wolves for example)appealing successfully to adults.

Fiver says the WWE has more adult fans than any of the promotions you just named combined and multiplied by six.

Fiver says the WWE has more adult fans than any of the promotions you just named combined and multiplied by six.

WWE has Millions more fans than any promotion in the western world so not a good example.

From WWE's corporate site...

"WWE programming reaches approximately 12 million viewers in the U.S. each week.

Balanced age distribution with 74% of the audience aged 21 or older.

22 % of our audience is under 18 years old

23 % of our audience is 18-34 years old

25 % of our audience is 35-49 years old

30 % of our audience is 50+ years old"

So, technically, most of WWE's television audience is adults.

Archived