Euro 2012 Thread

The Miz

Group b is outstanding

I'll take englands group. Wouldn't be surprised if it went either way to be honest. They could absolutly balls that up. But fancy a last day scraping through

Irelands group is tough but two massive games. They won't need much more motivation than playing those games

I can't see Ireland getting anywhere in that group I'm afraid. I think France have got enough quality to turn us over (again) but we should be good to scrape a second place before the inevitable Spanish/Dutch/German hammering in the last 8. Bit of a wildcard playing Ukraine in Ukraine though

Germany/Netherlands (and, to be fair those v Portugal too) and Italy/Spain in the group stage should be pretty tasty. Group A is pretty much the weakest possible group.

• Paid Members

Germany to win. Ireland to get (at most) 1 point by drawing with Italy. England to finish 3rd in their group. Those are my predictions at the minute. I think England are going to get carried away with how 'easy' this group is for them. Their World Cup group was far easier than this, and they nearly ballsed that up. Ireland are going to have fun with those games, but Croatia are still a superior team, they don't have a prayer against Spain and the Italy game they may be able to get something out of depending on if the Italians can be bothered.

• Paid Members
And ofcourse unlike the World Cup, the Euro's doesn't have any minnows. So almost every game is a challenge.

Very true, and unlike recent Euro tournaments I'd say every team here is pretty big and decent. No 'flash in the pan' small Slavic nations really.

As someone said, on paper England should qualify but who knows what England will turn up. I quite fancy Ireland to progress, they could turn Italy over. Unlike what someone previously mentioned, I certainly don't see Italy vs Spain as being tasty. That has all the hallmarks of being very shit and dull.

Germany I think will walk this tournament. Spain are looking vulnerable and Germany have the best team they've had since the early 90s, and they're still bloody young. Germany are a big stage team. They've reached the semi finals in 4 of the last 5 major tournaments, and now they're much better.

Germany I think will walk this tournament. Spain are looking vulnerable and Germany have the best team they've had since the early 90s, and they're still bloody young. Germany are a big stage team. They've reached the semi finals in 4 of the last 5 major tournaments, and now they're much better.

Well, they aren't going to walk it, are they? Not when you've got the core of the two sides who started the World Cup Final in the running. That would just be daft.

• Paid Members

Well, they aren't going to walk it, are they? Not when you've got the core of the two sides who started the World Cup Final in the running. That would just be daft.

That was almost two years ago. While Holland have performed well over this time, I don't think they will match up to Germany, especially on the bigstage. Spain haven't done brilliantly since winning the world cup and I think Germany have improved enough to beat them comfortably. I honestly see Germany winning this convincingly. If you think that's daft then that's your opinion, but I think they will walk it.

Baz, Czech and Greece will certainly be considered two of the less fancied teams, and however strong the teams are there will always be outsiders, but I wouldn't go as far as calling them minnows as such. Although Czech are a shadow of the brilliant 00s side, they are still a medium-size nation when it comes to the football world. Until a few years ago, they were frequently in FIFA's top 10 in the world. Greece, despite being dull and with little history before 2004, have been regularly placed in the top 10 over the past few years. Both teams have won the tournament before (kind of). They will be two of the less fancied sides no doubt, but I certainly wouldn't go as far as calling them minnows. Slovenia and Slovakia, who were both at the last world cup, I might class as minnows in major tournaments.

Can't wait for this now,will be great craic playing Spain I'd say,Glenn Whelan & Keith Andrews vs Xavi & Iniesta!

Last time we played Italy we beat them 2-0 away,and we drew 0-0 with Croatia back in August,so I'd say 4 points is a tad hopeful but you never know sure.

All our group games are in Poland too,so much handier/cheaper to get to.

Archived