The Second Annual UKFF Scottish Top 20

AJS269

• Paid Members
I thought Andy Goram would have had two placings in your top ten, gmoney. And yes, Butch, Jock "Lassie" Stewart should rape this award.

Now this is a genuine oversight. As we all know, there's only two Andy Gorams.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Nevin to be honest. I remember that a lot of Morton supporters took issue with him because he said that even though we were playing a much better side, we could still have done better against Celtic and we just weren't very good. He was bang on of course.

He was a cracking wee player by the looks of things. On the pundit whore thing, I'm pretty sure it said on Football Focus today that he's on MOTD 2 tomorrow night!

Are Scots not included in the other UK50?

Yep they are i think this is more aj's way of making sure the scottish guys get more recognition on here rather than just a coupole of them who make the journey down into england to wrestle..

Oh right, Scots couldn't vote in the other one then. Fair enough.

They can, and they do, but the list isn't represeve of the Scottish scene, and I've already pointed out one example. Guys like Liam Thomson and BT Gunn are going to finish high on this list. The UK list is voted for by English people for the vast majority, given the populations and such things, so someone from Scotland who is well travelled is more likely to get in than someone who is not. This is more of a list for the Scottish scene.

As I said before, would be good to see a list for the Welsh as well, and an English list would be terrific too to see just how much of an impact the Scottish vote has on it.

An english list may be a bit much considering most people have already voted for the british one. one way of doing it would be to ask the scottish voters to specify that they are scottish so Hat guy could elliminate their vote to do a seprate englsh list as well as a brittish one. Just as an experiement and if it's different enough you can continue, it also be best to just list the english list without having to do a seperate writeup.

A welsh one would be intresting, as would an Irish one in princiile apart from Wild Boar and that other high flying guy who's name I can't remeber who are new to the scene, there isn't much welsh impact anyway.

but is their enougth welsh people on this board that fequent the scene to complile a list?

another issue would be a scene that is big enougth. Scotland have quite a few decent promotons nowadays but do Wales?

• Paid Members
Gordon Durie is a God amongst men. Sort yourself out sunshine

The only thing I remember about Gordon Durie was when he collapsed at Pittodrie in the blistering sunshine.

I thought that was Chris Burke.

Gordon Durie is a God amongst men. Sort yourself out sunshine

The only thing I remember about Gordon Durie was when he collapsed at Pittodrie in the blistering sunshine.

I thought that was Chris Burke.

Burke was a definite, but I think I remember Durie taking a flop in some heat once as well back in the mid 90s. May not have been at Pittodrie though

• Paid Members
4. Amanda Rendall

At first I was shocked to see you include Amanda but not Caty Cole, hitman. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was letting personal bias get in the way of the truth, not unlike the Hart/Michaels debate. While I prefer Caty's work, Amanda's history as a performer is much more impressive, and it's wrong of me to play favourites. It's all about the workrate, baby.

I really hope the comedy choices get picked here for the run down. Else we are going to have a load of Wrestlers nobody has heard of. Ever

The comedy votes aren't being counted, and well, if nobody had heard of them, nobody would have voted for them. And seeing as I am getting serious votes PM'ed to me, I think its safe to say someone has heard of the guys that will be in this countdown.

Archived