• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Some cool images here!

I've had a few done in varying styles for Wrestling 101:

WrestleMania

SummerSlam

Survivor Series

They are fantastic.

Just spent about 45 minutes reading through them all, illustrations are ace :thumbsup:

Missed these the first time 'round, but absolutely love the illustration style in the WrestleMania and SummerSlam features.

Thanks for the kinds words, always good to hear positive feedback :)

I've tried to have each one a different style to reflect the author, the Rumble one went up today to complete the set. This had to be done at short notice but I think it's OK. We also ended up doing another Rumble feature at the last minute with some added cartoons also:

Royal Rumble

Curse of the Royal Rumble

• 11 months later...
  • Paid Members
CW, what kind of software do you use to knock out stuff like that?

It's just a pen drawing coloured in Adobe Photoshop.

Hey fella, can you just elaborate on that for me as this is something i've wanted to try in forever.

Do you literally just scan in the image and 'colour in' or is it more involved that than?

Hey fella, can you just elaborate on that for me as this is something i've wanted to try in forever.

Do you literally just scan in the image and 'colour in' or is it more involved that than?

I used to just pretty much literally do a pen drawing on paper, than scan it in and finish it up in Photoshop. But, it can be a bit of a convoluted process to remove the white of the paper and leave just the lines to paint with.

I just draw straight into Photoshop now, since I've since gotten better at drawing with the Wacom. Much simpler.

May do an Undertaker portrait next, or mayhaps Daniel Bryan.

Archived