Who do you prefer?

RJ Impact

Both names were/are the faces of a era in wwe but in sure fans prefered one to the other, nothing to do with merch sales, ppv numbers or any of that stuff just which one did you prefer?

Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior

I liked both but gotta go with Warrior, I was 5ish when I started watching wrestling and loved his superhero look, entrance etc, I didnt care bout his in ring work so didnt care if to quote JR 'he was all sizzle and no steak'.

Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels

the hart foundation were one of my favourite teams as a kid (them and demolition) so I when bret when to singles I loved his matches over the years with Perfect, Piper, owen, hbk etc

Didnt really like HBK til bout 1995.

The Rock or Steve Austin

The Rock for me, the flashy look, cocky promos etc just a great all round performer

John Cena or Batista

Batista was a decent face and sometimes an underrated wrestler, loved his last heel run and matches and promos with Rey and Cena just a shame he left.

Dont mind cena but his smiley nice guy stuff just gets on my nerves and he just doesnt seem to act how real person would, had alot of decent matches but being stale and smiley doesnt help him imo.

Warrior, Shawn, Rock, Cena. They've all become easier as time has gone on. Michaels has Bret beat on sheer body of work now, I've pretty much always loved Cena, I was a Warrior kid, and The Rock has Austin beat for a million and one reasons mainly concerned with Austin's shit rotten dead spots in his career and Rock's complete lack of them.

Hogan-you gotta love the hulkster

Bret Hart-haven't seen that much of his run as the top guy though. Plus I don't like Shawn Michaels that much

The Rock- My favourite wrestler of all time

John Cena- Just better all-round then big Dave

Hogan. Loved him as a kid, don't much care for him now. But I'd take his body of work over Warrior's, who I also loved as a kid but don't have many "at the time" memories of. I got into wrestling just before SummerSlam '91, so my main memories of Warrior are his WrestleMania 8 and 12 returns and subsequent short runs. Both of which I was excited for, but still. I cried when Hogan lost to Undertaker in 1991, I was gutted when he didn't win the Rumble, I was chuffed when he beat Yoko, I was shocked when he joined the NWO, I was awestruck by his WWF return and showdown with The Rock, I loved him and Edge winning the tag titles. That's not a great many highlights for me considering he's arguably the biggest wrestler of all time, but it still edges out Warrior in my rankings.

Michaels. I hated them both in 1992, I didn't take kindly to the post-Hogan era at all. But whilst I never warmed to Bret much, Michaels became my favourite wrestler for a while. He could do it all, except draw money, and that didn't bother me. I'd still say he's the greatest of all time. I can't think of any single category I'd put Hart above him in, except moaning.

Cena. The only bits of Batista's career I liked were the last few months of Evolution and the last six months or so of his career. I liked Cena from his debut, then when he went rapper, hated him until about 2007. Couldn't stand the stupid shilling, stupider catchphrases and general lameness of his act. But since I got over that, I've quite enjoyed him. There are very few in WWE who can do a big match like him, and he's the first main eventer to seem like as a person compared to the cartoons and sociopaths that came before him.

It's hard to choose between Rock and Austin. Prior to this year, I'd have said Rock every time. I was vehemently pro-Rock at WrestleMania 15 and 17. And 19. But since February of this year, I've gone off Rock more and more. All those things I hated Cena for, Rock's at least as guilty of. Austin's appearances on TV these days usually aren't spectacular, but none of them make me think "what the fuck was I thinking being a fan of this lad?" like Rock's do. I'll still give Rock the nod, but the only bit of his back catalogue that's consistently aged well is the 2003 heel stuff, in my book (though there are moments from his earlier heel run and 99-2002 babyface stardom that are still great).

Warrior-Was just so exciting to watch!

Bret-HBK was always just to much of a prick for me to like back then,don't mind him now though.

Austin:Just thought he was more of a badass then Rocky,even if he did thump poor old Debs around a bit.

Batista:Didn't like either,but big Dave's short heel run was brilliant,so he gets the nod.

Hogan - Warrior and Hogan era was a bit before i started watching so i'm a bit biased towards Hogan. He has consistently been one of the most charismatic and entertaining men in wrestling. Hulkamania, NWO, Hogan Rock, Undisputed WWE Champion all amazing fun! I even manage to love his. sometimes questionable, TNA run

Michaels - Simply the best in ring performer ever. His list of amazing matches is almost endless and there are very few top line names he hasn't been in the ring with. I get that he was a bit of an ass in his younger days but that attitude gave us DX and helped to build guys like Austin and HHH. Bret Hart was always competent but i think he lacked the charisma and entertainment value that HBK brought.

Austin - This one is a tough call. Both are massively entertaining in the ring and have awesome promo abilities! I have to go with Austin though. The way i look at it Austin started the era Rock excelled in. I also think Austins run in the Hollywood blondes and The Dangerous Alliance gives him the edge.

Batista - Not a huge fan of either guy but I'll go with Batista. Amazing look and can really pull out a great match with the right opponent. His last Heel run was awesome and i'd love to see him back at some point.

• Paid Members

Hulk Hogan - He was better than the Warrior in everyway. Had a better ring presence, more natural charisma in the ring, better interviews and was far better at stealing the spotlight when it wasn't on him (Warrior knew this all to well). Just a more diverse performer. I couldnt imagine Warrior playing a heel with any conviction. The only man in wrestling today who can have 12 back surgeries, take 3 weak as piss bumps and work an Abdullah The Butcher match and still lift a building full of smart fans off their feet like he did in Philly. Although, Warrior wins a consolation prize in this catagory for having a tremendous look, creativing a legit aura around himself and doing that reality show where he slaps those emos about.

Bret Hart - I always thought he had more style as a wrestler. It all comes down to how you like your wrestlers, and in his prime, Bret had it down as far as his storytelling went. He was proof that you could retain that scientific technical style without losing what wrestling was meant to be. His match with Steve Austin at Survivor Series was a brawl, mixed with technical wrestling and was still pure sports entertainment. Although if it was a choice who'd I'd rather see on WWE TV in 2011, it would be Michaels. Bret's had some bad moments since his return. Although I did enjoy his little run up to SummerSlam 2010 where they were pretending he didnt actually have a stroke. Fuck knows what new fans must think, seeing his performances if they didnt have prior knowledge that he cant take blows to the head.

Steve Austin - I really dont like Austin when he does these comeback appearances. Its the same everytime he returns. But in 1997-99, it was hard not to love his antics everyweek. He was something special. Fair enough, he got massively stale by late 99 and 11 months off did him no favours as far as how fresh his act was, but he was brilliant during his big money run. McMahon vs Austin might be the best booked TV they've ever done.

John Cena - He's a lovely man, who works harder than anyone in the business. He's a machine. While everyone else is playing on the Xbox, he's doing interviews, when everyone else is having their 3 days off during the week, he's promoting WWE sponsors, visiting sick kids, doing meet and greets for the National Guard. He's a top bloke. I love Big Dave, dont get me wrong. But Cena's the man.

hogan - even though i was a massive fan of the warrior too, it was because of the hulkster that i even got into wrestling as a 4 year old

hart - again im a massive fan of both, going back to their tag team days but bret gets the nod just for me

rock/austin - too close to call

batista - i was more a cena fan during the rapper days but got sick of him once he moved to raw in 05 whereas i didnt like batista at first in evolution but once he broke away and turned face i grew to be a big fan of 'the animal'

• Paid Members

Ultimate Warrior - He looked cool and was unstoppable. I loved him when I was a kid. I've learned to appreciate Hogan's work in recent years, but Warrior wins this.

Bret Hart - I loved the way he would go about his business. I much prefer his style of wrestling to Shawns, Bret was more adaptable to working different matches IMO.

The Rock - The Rock was Captain Cool.

John Cena - Rarely has a bad match and appears to be a top bloke.

Archived