The first time you took a bump.

goldeneye86

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think the lad just wants some basic info from one of our wrestling members.

Thats what I used to love about this forum, it was a chance to communicate with people who actually performed in the art that we all love. Found some amazing facts out from Knightmare, Majik and the rest, so lets give the lad a chance before the systematic ripping to pieces that we tend to get on here now.

My first wrestling bump wasnt to bad actually it was the 20 other ones straight after it that got me

I remember that! Mine was practically the same. First flip bump i took was worse. Landed on base of spine. Couldna pee right for a while...got used to it though. Now i love bumping.The more noise the ring makes the better! :thumbsup:

I didnt really hurt till after I went home and sat down for bout half a hr. I was already use to the method of taking the bump as in ice hockey you have to learn how to fall to the ice after taking a hit and its the same as taking a bump in the wrestling ring

• Paid Members

When I was 2, I supposedly was running about in my gran's house, I then tripped over this mad rug that she had. Went flying (Can you fly Bobby?) and cracked my forehead against the corner of one of those old style wooden cased TVs. Got a bit of an "Alan Hansen" on the head there that is starting to get more noticeable with age.

Slipped on the ice a few years ago. Was chuffed that I landed so flat with my skull safely away from the cement. Also took a flip bump in a student film back when I was a teenager. Should probably look at that again some time, to check my form.

Quite happy with my first bumps, feels a bit unnatural throwing yourself to the floor but if you spread your weight evenly it stops it from hurting too much. Also think the decent ring helped. Didn't feel any discomfort until a half after practice when I suddenly got a migraine and then the next morning when I could hardly sit up and felt like an OAP.

Archived