The Best Feeling In The World

Jonny Vegas

the best feeling is most probably drugs. The ecstasy tablets of around 10 years ago I reckon.

Yes, totally agree. Pure, high quality MDMA nowadays is pretty great though.

then doing a gram line of k.

No, no, no. Horrible skanky drug, why am I not surprised.

Well aren't you so refined, with your ice cold wine and your shit music.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One moment I look back on with huge fondness was earlier this year, around April time. It was such an amazing feeling for what was such a little and simple scenario.

It was the afternoon after a funeral of a bloke who was a regular at my local. The morning's mourning aside, the weather was beautiful and the pub has one of the nicest settings of any pub I've ever visited. It's always in the Beer Guides and it has hardcore ale folk travelling from all over to visit. It is right next to the sea and has a gorgeous little stream running beside it.

Anyway, the fella was a super popular bloke and the pub was rammed and, bless him, he had paid for it to be a free bar before his death. I recently found out that they'd done just shy of two grands worth of beer in the first hour.

Now the happy moment was as I was stood outside, sipping a cider and smoking a cigarette in the sun and just chilling with some great people. Just at that perfect level of drunkeness. Bliss.

• Moderators

Sales, of books, or whatever your pleasure is. People spending their money on something you created out of nothing is a pretty satisfying feeling, and also addictive.

It was that, or I answered with "a big poo".

Ooh and drawing on a flattened out piece of blu-tack, then rolling it up into a ball until all the biro is gone. Then flattening it out and starting over.

• Paid Members
Ooh and drawing on a flattened out piece of blu-tack, then rolling it up into a ball until all the biro is gone. Then flattening it out and starting over.

Go outside more.

The moment when you're able to ride your bike without falling and without stabilizers and/or your dad holding onto the bike. Still remember when I managed it, you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a week and I decided to cycle everywhere my parents allowed me to go unsupervised (which was only to the top of the road and not allowed to cross it)

EDIT: oh and losing your virginity is another one. The final step into manhood. When I lost mine I thought I was a sexual dynamo even after 30 seconds whereas she was almost certainly disappointed. I whistled all the way home :)

I love setting my alarm for 0600, and then letting it snooze ten minutes at a time till it gets to 0700.

I love that because I get crazy layered dreams from going in and out of sleep but I wouldn't call it a good feeling. The whole hour is underpinned with this sense of total dread.

Best feeling in the world for me is having a hot tuna roll and a cup of coffee in front of the telly with the roll just totally drenched in sunflower oil from the tuna tins. I wouldn't do it in the company of others and I have to have a towel next to me but it's bloody brilliant

• Paid Members
The moment when you're able to ride your bike without falling and without stabilizers and/or your dad holding onto the bike. Still remember when I managed it, you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a week and I decided to cycle everywhere my parents allowed me to go unsupervised (which was only to the top of the road and not allowed to cross it)

Couldn't agree more, that was the happiest moment of my life the other week.

EDIT: oh and losing your virginity is another one. The final step into manhood. When I lost mine I thought I was a sexual dynamo even after 30 seconds whereas she was almost certainly disappointed. I whistled all the way home :)

That's a good one. I felt over the moon when I lost my virginity, it really is a right of passage.

Very little will top the feeling I had just over a month ago. It was a good friend's 21st, and I was late to the party. When I walked in, just about everyone there yelled, "MICK!" (my real name, breaking kayfabe I know) and either hugged me or shook my hand, I felt insanely popular and happy about myself.

Another good one was last Saturday. I decided on a whim to go to the pub, but it wasn't that busy, so I made plans with my mate to go somewhere else. The quiet pub had karaoke, so I basically walked in, drank a beer, did a song, received a great reaction and left. Was a great example of- Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.

• Paid Members

This could be something that's very specific for me but I love making mix CD's for people and I recently finished one and was really happy with how it flowed but I heard a song at the weekend that I'd completely forgotten about and wanted to include that too. Looked at the playlist and thought "Yeah, that should fit in right about there" and then listening to it all again as a whole, it fits in perfectly, like it belonged there all along and now I feel absolutely great :thumbsup:

Watching your team win the FA Cup.

Watching your team totally destroy your worst enemies 6-1.

Waking up and knowing that you have the day off and can do anything you want, even lie in bed all day.

When the girl you like walks into work and you know it'll just be you two on your department for 5 hours.

When the girl you like randomly invites you out for drinks or food with a few other work friends.

Sat in the pub on a cold Winter evening with your mates, doing the pub quiz, with a pint in hand, crisps in the other, chatting about football, music and girls and just knowing that you have to really cherish that moment as you glance at the time because in about an hour or so you'll have to go out into the dark, cold and rain.

Walking around town with your iPod on, just not paying attention to anything whilst you dodge through the crowds listening to your music, feeling anonymous but awesome.

Archived