The Best Feeling In The World

Jonny Vegas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Waking up in the middle of the night desperate for a piss, the feeling you get when you get back in bed and you've still got hours of sleep left and an empty baldder is pure bliss.

No word of a lie I thought the exact same things this morning and was going to post that one. It feels like a whole new sleep with an empty bladder.

the best feeling is most probably drugs. The ecstasy tablets of around 10 years ago I reckon.

Yes, totally agree. Pure, high quality MDMA nowadays is pretty great though.

then doing a gram line of k.

No, no, no. Horrible skanky drug, why am I not surprised.

ranks pretty up there. I'm a massive Scotland supporter and I was in the stand just to the right of the goal with my Dad. The goal itself was fantastic but just that moment when he turned the 'keeper was phenomenal - you knew it was going in and the finish didn't even matter because everyone had exploded. So, in short, watching your favourite team score as someone already said.

• Paid Members

Listening to an album that is very good is always a nice one for me. I listen to a lot of stuff and as such, you have a tendency to find a mountain of shit. So finally finding something that sticks gets me excited (especially if it's a band that has a few albums out or previous bands).

• Paid Members
Getting home from a day at work and taking my shoes off.

Similar, but after spending all day stomping around in a pair of hard, heavy, uncomfortable shoes, to change into some beaten to fuck, soft, comfy trainers.

Waking up on Xmas morning. I'm many years past being a kid, but that feeling when you wake up and realise that it's Christmas morning is just awesome.

- Ice cold coke when you're dehydrated with a hangover. Not the best thing for hydration or curing it, but nothing tastes better. Best of all if it's from a glass bottle.

- The shiver up the spine when watching a band and they kick in to your favourite song. Particularly if the place goes batshit crazy and every single person is there with their finger in the air singing along.

- Walking the dog when it's dropping dark, especially this time of year when it's misty, and there's nobody else for miles around. There's one field especially near me that's huge, with a big copse of trees in the middle, and if it's around dusk and even slightly misty, the edges of the field are invisible from where the trees are. It's a slightly ethereal feeling, very weird, but I always go home feeling slightly renewed.

Getting jeans or trousers off when I get home and changing into jogging bottoms or shorts. Love it.

I'm a big fan of the "getting changed into home clothes" moment as well.

Others:

-Waking up and realising you've still got three hours of sleep to go back to before your alarm goes off (if I look at my phone and there's anything under three hours left before the alarm and I'm gutted, and end up dozing and checking the time again every fifteen minutes... This is the worst feeling).

-Realising it was all just a dream. This might be particular to people who are plagued by the same kind of nightmares I am (sitcom and social realism genre), but when it's all gone to shit and then you have that moment when you realise it's all a dream, it's great.

Archived