Smackdown Christmas Special Discussion *Spoilers*

ThePhenom

I think the Christmas themed show would have been done later in the year but they could only get a live Smackdown show booked last night, hence why it feels a little early. In their defence, December 1st is where I draw the line at it being Christmas time so the night before isn't all that bad. Considering this aired at 1am our time, I was ok with it.

As far as the set goes, it was nice and set the show apart from just a regular Smackdown. For whatever reason Orton looked like he had a blast throwing Otunga through Christmas trees and bouncing presents of his head and I enjoyed watching him do it.

The backstage segments are what they are, Smackdown has been doing some awful cheesy skits backstage for the past year or so, especially with the Aksana/Teddy Long stuff with the romantic/sleazy background music playing whenever she's on screen. God bless T-Lo because he's been put in some horrible storylines throughout his GM career(s) but he's on TV every week so isn't a bad shindig.

The cage match was well done but I wouldn't put it down as a classic, it was enjoyable and because it was a live show you did think wether Daniel Bryan could actually beat Mark Henry.

Overall a good show and it just shows you why live television is better than pre-taped.

• Paid Members

Proper crowd heat for Smackdown makes all the difference, doesn't it? They should go live on Tuesday every week.

I never thought I would have a favourite David Otunga singles match, but now I do. Really enjoyable stuff, and Orton having a laugh with it was the right way to go.

For a Christmas special, I thought the general light hearted atmosphere with serious main event was spot on too.

Good stuff, bring on Raw tonight.

Archived