Smackdown Christmas Special Discussion *Spoilers*

ThePhenom

So what did everyone think of Christmas Smackdown last night? I really enjoyed it. Mark Henry and Bryan had the best Steel Cage match I have seen since Batista/Mysterio's in early 2010, I was a little confused at Big Show not making an appearance (which didn't actually occur to me until after the show finished). I liked everything else (Divas and stupid Theodore Long/generic Diva with cringe-worthy background segment not included), especially the Street Fight. The set was very creative as well, it just shows what they are capable of when they are up to it.

Yeah it was really good fun wasn't it? Also ade me feel quite Christmassy.

Loving Smackdown at the minute, a great roster and a lot of fresh characters about. I'd go as far to say Mark Henry v Daniel Bryan was a Smackdown classic.

I love the "party" segments they do aswell, did anyone see Goldust dressed up in the background beside a Diva and Ricardo!? :laugh:

So what did everyone think of Christmas Smackdown last night? I really enjoyed it. Mark Henry and Bryan had the best Steel Cage match I have seen since Batista/Mysterio's in early 2010, I was a little confused at Big Show not making an appearance (which didn't actually occur to me until after the show finished). I liked everything else (Divas and stupid Theodore Long/generic Diva with cringe-worthy background segment not included), especially the Street Fight. The set was very creative as well, it just shows what they are capable of when they are up to it.

Not one backstage segment was entertaining, apart from maybe the last with with Hornswoggle. The street fight was the worst "fight" ever but it was funny to see Otunga getting chucked through a thousand Christmas trees. And the set wasn't that creative...it was just festive, wasn't it?! Orton and Sheamus were laughing their way through the show, they are clearly miles ahead of everyone else on SmackDown bar Mark Henry.

• Moderators

It was corny, certainly. But most importantly it was very good fun. I was amazed to hear Ted DiBiase get a reaction, so obviously his drinking kegs with peasants in car parks gimmick is paying off somewhat. Even the Sheamus/Hornswoggle stuff came off quite fun.

I also enjoyed it, although I don't see what is creative about hanging a scabby bit of tinsel and a clip art snowman on the tron. I was surprised by how Otunga performed even though he was in there with one of the best I was rather impressed, especially by the way he took The RKO. The Battle Royal served to show what a bunch of boring bunch of wrestlers the WWE currently has. "Look at me I'm Titus O'Neil, My gimmick is that I WOOF like a dog!" Daniel Bryan continued to show his worth by taking Mark henry's offence like a champ. The Billy Gunn-esque sell from the clothesline was magnificent, as was The Slam from the middle rope. I thought D Bryan was going to kick out for some odd reason so it was slightly anti-climatic so to speak when he was pinned. Mick Foley looks like a completely different person! I don't mean when he was dressed as Santa I just mean in general. The funny thing is his extra weight would have came in handy when playing Clause! The fat jolly cunt!

Shame it looks like Rhodes is once again going to have a feud which is not anything to do with his Intercontinental Title.

But Rhodes egged Booker T on by saying that he'll never be champion again, whilst raising his beautiful belt. I think they will have a match over the title, with the whole feud being about whether Booker T is too past it to win gold again.

I stayed up to watch this with my housemate, and I really enjoyed the show. Looks like Orton and Sheamus were really enjoying themselves on the show which is good to see. I'm glad they didn't give away Rhodes/Booker T last night though, that could do with a little bit longer to build and then put it on PPV. Like people say, the idea of "Is Booker past it and unable to win gold?" is a really nice idea, and if he gets a short run with the IC Title, I imagine he'll still show he can put on decent matches with people.

I'll admit that WWE had me thinking for a minute or two that Bryan might win the title too...bastards.

It was a bit too corny and a bit too juvenile for my tastes. Found a lot of it a bit of a chore to sit through. Seemed weird that they were doing such a Christmas orientated episode in November too.

Still though, Orton's performance in the match with Otunga was hillarious, Booker/Rhodes looks to be an interesting feud and Henry/Bryan put on a good match.

I was amazed to hear Ted DiBiase get a reaction, so obviously his drinking kegs with peasants in car parks gimmick is paying off somewhat.

He was giving out Mattel toys, the greatest wrestling toys of all, so that would've helped too.

I really liked the Sheamus and Hornswoggle bits, didn't care for much else. I was only half-watching most of it, and asked a few times in chat stuff like "where's Wade Barrett gone?" which made me feel a bit like a nan watching Eastenders. "Who's he? Oh, who's he married to? Is she the one who works in the pub?"

I was amazed to hear Ted DiBiase get a reaction, so obviously his drinking kegs with peasants in car parks gimmick is paying off somewhat.

He was giving out Mattel toys, the greatest wrestling toys of all, so that would've helped too.

He got a really good reaction on Superstars last week against Drew as well, a decent portion of the crowd actually chanting his name. Quite shocking really.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I was wondering why they had a Christmas themed show in November also. Seemed a little random.

I loved the main event, but I didn't really care for the rest of the show if I'm honest. The Christmas segments were a bit cringeworthy, and also reminded me I'd better hurry up and start getting my Christmas shopping done, so double fail there.

Everything else was just kind of there, a very run-of-the-mill show considering it was a live special.

Archived