Buffy the Vampire Slayer

DarloKid

Personally I think S5 has aged the best out of the entire series.

S7 is probably the only season I really don't like though other then a few episodes (the Finale and Conversations with Dead People being two examples) I think it's complete rubbish.

Anya was criminally under used and was easily one of the most entertaining characters in the entire series.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Plus he keeps putting Eliza Dushku in work and she's crap.

Did you enter Secret Santa? If you did I hope someone sends you a turd in a box for that. :angry:

It might have been Dushku herself!

• Paid Members
It's quite overrated IMO. There were certainly episodes that were absolutely brilliant, but also an absolute barrage of crap. Too much angsty friendship/relationship stuff, too many similar storylines.

It's basic premise - physical transformation as metaphor for sexual awakening - had been done before not least by the antecedent film (which I really like) but also things like Near Dark and The Lost Boys.

I liked the film as well, and not just because of my overwhelming lust for Kristy Swanson. The cast was great and Whedon didn't have the time to arse around with it. It was good fun. It was the only thing of his, aside from the couple of Roseanne episodes he wrote, that I ever liked.

I've registered my dislike for Buffy and Whedon enough times in the past not to have to rake over old ground again. But I think what irritates me most about him and perhaps Buffy more specifically is that he is labelled as some kind of visionary and what-not when he's nothing of the sort. People still harp on about Once More With Feeling like it was some kind of earth-shatteringly original piece of telly. It wasn't. It was a good little idea reasonably well executed. That's all.

eliza-dushku-18.jpg

This could read from the phone book and still be interesting.

• Paid Members

Did you enter Secret Santa? If you did I hope someone sends you a turd in a box for that. :angry:

It might have been Dushku herself!

No, despite my insistence on Twitter, she doesn't do that.

:laugh: :laugh:

It's quite overrated IMO. There were certainly episodes that were absolutely brilliant, but also an absolute barrage of crap. Too much angsty friendship/relationship stuff, too many similar storylines.

It's basic premise - physical transformation as metaphor for sexual awakening - had been done before not least by the antecedent film (which I really like) but also things like Near Dark and The Lost Boys.

I liked the film as well, and not just because of my overwhelming lust for Kristy Swanson. The cast was great and Whedon didn't have the time to arse around with it. It was good fun. It was the only thing of his, aside from the couple of Roseanne episodes he wrote, that I ever liked.

I've registered my dislike for Buffy and Whedon enough times in the past not to have to rake over old ground again. But I think what irritates me most about him and perhaps Buffy more specifically is that he is labelled as some kind of visionary and what-not when he's nothing of the sort. People still harp on about Once More With Feeling like it was some kind of earth-shatteringly original piece of telly. It wasn't. It was a good little idea reasonably well executed. That's all.

eliza-dushku-18.jpg

This could read from the phone book and still be interesting.

There is so much touching up in that picture that it could be practically any woman underneath. You realise you're lusting after a photoshop brush type essentially?

I really liked Dollhouse once it got going. first half of season 1 was awful and even whedon admit this. but once they get the proper story going and especially when alan tudyk turned up it was fine.

it shouldnt have really got a second season. i reckon they only got it because fox didnt want another firefly situation. the second season was bonkers. there's about three season worth of mateiral they try to cram into it. plus olivia williams is bloody lovely.

what happened with firefly was a shame but they got "serenity" out of it which i enjoyed. of course he had to kill one of them. really out of the blue as well. worried about agent coulson in the avengers next year.

always enjoyed whedon's work. i'll admit a lot of it is not perfect. (buffy season 1 and 6, angel season 4) still my favourite shows though. buffy had a good run but angel getting canceled really annoyed me but we got a corker of a final episode out of it.

• Paid Members
Dollhouse was shockingly awful. Even when she's playing a character that is supposed to be intentionally a bit mechanical she still can't act.

She's an awful, awful actress. In this day and age especially, she does not even come close to cutting it in the lead role of a network TV series.

Good point!

Gladders, why the hate for Firefly then?

It just didn't blend together at all well. Trying to cross western themes and sci-fi is hard, admittedly, but in those stakes it failed where Buckaroo Banzai and Ice Pirates succeeded. I like Nathan Fillion, though, so it had something going for it.

Archived