UKFF Awards 2011

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Could we have a special commendation for those posters who are excellent in a certain area but not widely visible of the forum?

The reason I ask is that PUNQ has his excellent Guides to Japanese Wrestling threads that are really informative, full of excellent pictures and contain everything that fans (and non fans - i'm not big into Japanese wrestling, but I love his threads) of that style could want, yet he isn't widely visible on the forums and often gets overlooked when discussing the good posters.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst Idea for a New Category would be a pretty competitive field right now.

How about a Worst Wit category? For the poster who consistently fails to raise even a chuckle from their jokes, or misses the point of an ongoing joke entirely when they jump in?

Clearly, I should have looked at some sort of list of existing awards, as those cover it. Though you could amalgamate them into my suggestion as the name is alliterative.

• Paid Members
Could we have a special commendation for those posters who are excellent in a certain area but not widely visible of the forum?

The reason I ask is that PUNQ has his excellent Guides to Japanese Wrestling threads that are really informative, full of excellent pictures and contain everything that fans (and non fans - i'm not big into Japanese wrestling, but I love his threads) of that style could want, yet he isn't widely visible on the forums and often gets overlooked when discussing the good posters.

I think this was touched upon last year, where there was talk about having an MMA poster of the year, wrestling poster of the year etc. In the end it was decided an overall on-topic poster of the year is still best. I would imagine the same would apply in cases like this.

For example, Ebb almost won the award last year mostly for his contribution to the MMA threads I believe. You'd have the problem of 'where to end'. In addition to having an MMA and Japanese Wrestling posters of the year, would you then have a BritWres~ poster of the year? A Frapper's Delight Indie wrestling poster of the year? There could end up being too many, which will devalue the awards.

• Paid Members

Disagree, re: metal on metal. Conflict is the essence of drama!

Generally I think the awards are fine, but I'm in the camp that a third award of sorts for the winners/good guys might be a good way to go. Or maybe just dish out some sort of small prize for a runner up?

Archived