UKFF Awards 2011

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

Greetings!

I'm going to be doing the UKFF Awards this year for the first time. I have decided to open the floor to you proletariat scum non-paid members to take your suggestions on what you'd like to see from the awards. Be it categories you do or don't like or any other general suggestions that you might have.

I might well ignore everything you say, but I'mma let you be heard. Because that's what democracy is all about. (We all know there'll be enough pissing and moaning after anyway).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Mark Henry of the year award.

But on a more serious note, is there any chance the voting window can be shortened somewhat? It seemingly went on forever last year. A fortnight's too long for my money (I think it was a fortnight last year anyway). If someone's not voted within a week I'd be inclined to think they're not going to vote at all.

I think seeing how the awards are one of the best things of the year, the shaping of the awards should be done by paid members only, sort of another perk of being a paidophile.

Saying that though, I like the idea of proportional representation for the "bad" awards that come with a suspension. Such as there are 100 days up for grabs and they get split over the percentage of votes.

• Moderators
I think seeing how the awards are one of the best things of the year, the shaping of the awards should be done by paid members only, sort of another perk of being a paidophile.

Yeah, I'm just fishing for some ideas with this thread, Chilli Doggystyle. I know that people may have some good ideas so it would be a shame for them to go to waste.

As I said, I won't necessarily act on the suggestions here. And nominations for personal awards will still be Paid only, as always.

Just to play Devil's advocate Keith, last year Cleetus (who I find an entertaining poster) won the "You think you're funny but you're not" award with quite some votes. What I'm trying to point out that sometimes the UKFF majority might get it wrong, therefore if your suggestion was to be applied we could lose some great posters that make this awesome forum what it is.

• Paid Members
Just to play Devil's advocate Keith, last year Cleetus (who I find an entertaining poster) won the "You think you're funny but you're not" award with quite some votes. What I'm trying to point out that sometimes the UKFF majority might get it wrong, therefore if your suggestion was to be applied we could lose some great posters that make this awesome forum what it is.

To be honest the UKFF majority voted him to be a complete dingus, because he was infact an idiot.

I agree some people have different view, but when 75% of people think sombody is an idiot, they normally are regardless of what others think.

• Paid Members
Could of would of should of may of may not of

Bar that bar that bar that bar that bar that bar that bar that bar that

It might just be me though, hope this helps :thumbsup:

How's your book coming along?.

Very well thank you, there is a few chapters that involve my "Bar that" issues as well as my terrible grammar, but so far so good.

Either way might just be me.

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Archived