FWA spam

Loki

I've just received 2 emails from admin@fwauk.com promoting some dvd sales, and with results from a recent show.

What's weird is that it was to my work email, which I'm fairly certain I have NEVER used for anything wrestling related. So is the FWA now just doing spam? Anyone else got one of these?

• Paid Members
I've just received 2 emails from admin@fwauk.com promoting some dvd sales, and with results from a recent show.

What's weird is that it was to my work email, which I'm fairly certain I have NEVER used for anything wrestling related. So is the FWA now just doing spam? Anyone else got one of these?

Is there an unsubscribe link?

There is, it goes to this link:

http://www.fwawrestling.co.uk/apps/unsubscribe.php

I'm not going to help them validate it as an active account though by putting the email in there! Old-school scam.

Sad really. When TWC first started, I thought FWA had potential. Now they're just another thing to mark as Junk.

• Paid Members

There is, it goes to this link:

http://www.fwawrestling.co.uk/apps/unsubscribe.php

I'm not going to help them validate it as an active account though by putting the email in there! Old-school scam.

If it is, they're in breach of the European rules and regulations on email marketing.

Might be a daft question loki but how did they get the email address since im assuming its not one you'll have posted on here (or as you say yourself you've never used it for anything wrestling related)?

That's what I'd like to know. I've been pretty careful to only ever use my spam email account for anything wrestling-related over the years. I once signed up to some TNA newsletter thing, but again that goes to my spam account.

The only thing I can think is that I may once have used my work email to buy tickets to a wrestling show direct from a venue. Possibly.

Might be a daft question loki but how did they get the email address since im assuming its not one you'll have posted on here (or as you say yourself you've never used it for anything wrestling related)?

That's what I'd like to know. I've been pretty careful to only ever use my spam email account for anything wrestling-related over the years. I once signed up to some TNA newsletter thing, but again that goes to my spam account.

The only thing I can think is that I may once have used my work email to buy tickets to a wrestling show direct from a venue. Possibly.

Best thing you can do is reply and ask them where they got your email address from, and ask them to remove it. They are legally obliged to do both. Could be when when you bought tickets you ticked/didn't tick the right "I want more information" box.

Archived