Gary Speed Dead

Bettencourt

My god! :(

Edit: He was only on Football Focus yesterday looking fit and well. They are talking about it on all the news channels now. This is really really sad news.

That was my first thought he looked fine on Football Focus only yesterday. Great footballer and had potential to do well as the Welsh manager.

The Wales manager Gary Speed has been found dead at his home after apparently committing suicide.

The former Leeds, Everton, Newcastle and Bolton midfielder was found hanged at his home in Chester this morning.

Police say there are no supsicious circumstances surrounding the 42-year-old's death.

The Football Association of Wales confirmed the news, saying that Speed's family had authorised the release of the information.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: "At 7.08am this morning, sunday 27 November, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington. Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kind have been informed." The spokesman added that man was found hanged.

Source: The Telegraph

Unbelievable, especially the timing after the great run he's been on with Wales. Perhaps this will give that type of depression some exposure, where the person can seemingly be incredibly successful yet underneath are still void of something and need help.

I'll always remember watching Match of the Day as a kid seeing his bullet headers fly in on a regular basis.

Archived