Name Change

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do think a name can be important for example one of the many planned names for Stone Cold Steve Austin was Chilly Mcfreeze and The Rock went by Flex Kavana I really couldn't see Wrestlemaina begin headlined by Chilly Mcfreeze vs Flex Kavana

Is Flex Kavana any worse a name than Hulk Hogan?

I had a similar discussion once about band names with a guitarist mate of mine, I was of the opinion that its the quality of the band that got the names over. Deep Purple. Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Fat Boy Slim even. If those bands had never got famous would you see Pink Floyd on a flyer and think...oooh cool name must see them?

• Paid Members
I do think a name can be important for example one of the many planned names for Stone Cold Steve Austin was Chilly Mcfreeze and The Rock went by Flex Kavana I really couldn't see Wrestlemaina begin headlined by Chilly Mcfreeze vs Flex Kavana

Is Flex Kavana any worse a name than Hulk Hogan?

I had a similar discussion once about band names with a guitarist mate of mine, I was of the opinion that its the quality of the band that got the names over. Deep Purple. Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Fat Boy Slim even. If those bands had never got famous would you see Pink Floyd on a flyer and think...oooh cool name must see them?

I personally think the name Fatboy Slim has helped contribute to his success, rather than act against it.

You get used to most of the the names that appear shit at first. Ziggler is all right.

And as our good King Pity has pointed out in the past - Hulk Hogan and Macho Man are both shit names, but are owned by probably the most famous and well loved wrestlers ever to live. The man makes the name, not the other way round.

I can

• Paid Members
You get used to most of the the names that appear shit at first. Ziggler is all right.

And as our good King Pity has pointed out in the past - Hulk Hogan and Macho Man are both shit names, but are owned by probably the most famous and well loved wrestlers ever to live. The man makes the name, not the other way round.

I can

• Paid Members

Dolph Ziggler should be a generic name - what should happen is that Dolph Ziggler should bring in a protege, and tell him that when he was debuting (yeah, redebuting, whatever) he asked to be saddled with the stupidest name ever, and to tell everyone about it (cue footage). He did so because he had always loved Johnny Cash, and appreciated his song "A Boy Named Sue". Therefore, he was going to pass on the mantle of Dolph Ziggler to a new generation, in the hopes that it would be a spur for his success as well.

At that point, he would book the new Ziggler in a tag match, alongside his other protege, Thomas T. Twatwhistle.

Archived