Anticlimactic finishes to a match.

V1mark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Triple H beating Booker T at Wrestlemania. Taking ages to pin him after the Pedigree. I was waiting for Booker to kick out but he never did.

Fully agreed, and a finish that almost makes me as cross now as it did then. I remember thinking at the time that after Katie Vick, the Steiner matches, the bigotry, and all in between that this was rock bottom for the dark days of HHH. The endless Nash series and Summerslam Main Event were sadly still to come. A horribly cynical finish AND the wrong result.

Roode/Angle from Bound For Glory. Don't give a fuck what they've done since then and don't give a fuck if it's great. It will take years of hindsight for me to even consider that this wasn't one of the most horrific misfires I've ever seen.

Cena's 30 second finish of the last two Nexus members was the dampest of damp squibs too.

When I used to watch ROH on TWC I remember numerous times where there'd be a gripping near-30 minute match with believable near falls that actually ended with sub-par, simple move. It always seemed like such a let down and the perfect word would probably be 'anti-climatic'.

thats the problem with a promotion like RoH with loads of MOVEZ~~~!!!1!! they do so much shit throughout the match that the finish seems less surprising or spectacular by example... its why John Cena makes millions and why Ive never watch an entire Davey Richards match.

i thought it was because americas youth wanted to be black.

No wrestling fed however shouldo so much in one show, Brian Dixon is a testament to that

Sting V Hogan at Starrcade 97. One of the most anticipated matches of all time. The finish was the pits with the "fast" count and Bret coming out was just crap. Didn't need all that crap at the end should have just been Sting dropping Hogan with no help from Bret.

Warrior vs Savage Mania 7

Not taking anything away from the match but the end wasnt great to me, savage taking the shoulder tackle then slumped on the apron before getting dragged in for the pin just seemed a bit meh.

I know macho was battered down and some will say its was great story telling but to me it was a bit sloppy.

Warrior vs Savage Mania 7

Not taking anything away from the match but the end wasnt great to me, savage taking the shoulder tackle then slumped on the apron before getting dragged in for the pin just seemed a bit meh.

I know macho was battered down and some will say its was great story telling but to me it was a bit sloppy.

I think its slightly tarnished because the announcers werent paying too much attention to the action going on in the ring at the time of the finish.

Archived