WWE on the UKFF

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

May wait to see if there's a bit more interest in this, but thanks to all so far who have given their thoughts. Even the ones on the fantastic Mr. Fox. Maybe we'll feature him as a guest star when Raw emanates live from the Royal Norfolk Showground or when Carrow Road hosts Wrestlemania.

I think the best way to drum up more thoughts on this might be to go ahead and do a week's worth of the layout I had in mind, maybe do some quick write-ups for the shows and other content that crops up during the game, then lay out how the voting and contributions come in.

May wait to see if there's a bit more interest in this, but thanks to all so far who have given their thoughts. Even the ones on the fantastic Mr. Fox. Maybe we'll feature him as a guest star when Raw emanates live from the Royal Norfolk Showground or when Carrow Road hosts Wrestlemania.

I think the best way to drum up more thoughts on this might be to go ahead and do a week's worth of the layout I had in mind, maybe do some quick write-ups for the shows and other content that crops up during the game, then lay out how the voting and contributions come in.

A lad I knew back in High School once claimed that the WWF were taping Heat at the Sports Village, and he knew all this because he had a relative who worked as ''' Story line writer''. A lot of the lads believed him for a while too, until he claimed that he had purchased some leather swimming trunks exactly like Triple H's. For

• Paid Members
A lad I knew back in High School once claimed that the WWF were taping Heat at the Sports Village, and he knew all this because he had a relative who worked as ''' Story line writer''. A lot of the lads believed him for a while too, until he claimed that he had purchased some leather swimming trunks exactly like Triple H's. For

• Paid Members

Right, so here's a typical example of how a week in the life of the UKFF's version of the WWE may go down. The following aren't meant to be in line with real time nor historically acurate, it's just examples innit?

I'll usually have this up on a Wednesday I'd have thought, so we'll go over an example edition of Raw.

Raw_Old_School_Tron.png

* Insert fancy pants UKFF'er made Raw banner here.

cena-batista-legacy.PNG

* And here, you'll be able to show your genius by making something along these lines highlighting a couple of the big matches tonight.

THE WRITE UP:

After that, here's where the write-ups go. Pretty simple really, rather than have a heading for everything like "MATCH 1: Big Show vs Mark Henry- Singles Match" or "Triple H-- 20 minute in-ring promo", we'll just kick straight into it.

Raw 1/1/12

Triple H opens the show by storming down to the ring and grabbing Justin Robert's microphone before he can even finish his introduction. He's got a message for Kevin Nash and it's real simple: don't show up tonight, otherwise he'll just go ahead and get revenge on him be pedigree'ing him a record 10 times in succession. He thought the kliq was for life, but the only thing that's for life now is him making Nash's life a living hell. Nash runs (well, lightly jogs) in from the crowd and goes for the ambush from behind, but Hunter kicks him in the balls. He attempts the Pedigree, but Nash reverses it and sends HHH flying over the top rope to the floor. Nash clears the announce table, does a little stretch, puts Trips' head between his legs, hoists him up onto his shoulders and powerbombs him clean through the table. Nash does the crotch chop and walks off.

Segment Rating: 100%

* In terms of the dialogue, I think it reads snappier rather than having endless character headings Like:

HHH: "I'm going to fuck you up Nash!! ETC ETC

Just then, Nash appears...

Nash: "Have it, Hunter."

And it shouldn't be too hard to distinguish between who's speaking while this is going on.

Onto the MATCH write-ups, we're not looking for 411mania recaps where they cover everything move for move. This'll rarely be used unless it's absolutely nessacary or brilliant. What we're looking for from each match are two key things:

The Result

The Finish

That's it. Other details are welcome, but mainly it's just those two. The result of the match will be determined by how the voting went down in the previous week. The finish should be conjured up from your lovely creative minds. A typical TV match would look like this.

The Big Boss Man defeats Al Snow. Snow went to nail Boss Man with Head at the same time Boss Man went to nail Snow with the Night Stick. The nightstick impales Head and gets stuck as they meet. Snow tries to wiggle it free, but Boss Man uses the night stick to propell Snow forward, scoop him up and nail the Sidewalk Slam for the pin. Boss Man does a beat down post match.

Star Rating from EWR: *****

Match Rating from EWR: 100%

For PPV's, the write-ups would be a bit more in-depth with more highlights and the like.

BETWEEN SHOWS.

This is where a lot of the fun stuff comes in, where EWR send you a bunch of random emails and scenarios. For instance:

* Hulk Hogan thinks that he has great chemistry as a tag team with Randy Savage and thinks we should make them a regular team. What do you want to do? A) Put them together or B) Keep them separate?

* Heath Slater thinks he's deserving of a push up the card. He's currently a midcader. Do we A) Push him or B) hold him down?

* Cliff Compton only has 3 months left until his current contract runs out. Do we A) Resign him or B) Fire his ass?

* Undertaker has announced that he's going to retire in one month. How shall we give him the big send off?

* Seth Rollins (aka Roh's Tyler Black) is ready to be bumped to the main roster from FCW. Do we A) Bring him up to the main roster or do we B) Just fire him?

* The creative team reckon that Big Show needs a gimmick change. I've narrowed it down to five possible changes, so vote for one of these:

Evil Dentist: Show starts a feud with Kane and dresses up as Isaac Yankem to taunt him, but takes a mammoth Tombstone Piledriver, which we later find out caused serious brain damage to the the point where he thinks he is actually still an evil dentist.

Pirate: Mark Henry re-injures Big Show's ankle, to the point where it might even have to be amputated. Henry also assaults him in the hospital by whacking him in the face with a bedpan, which injures his eye. Show returns decked out with a wooden leg, eye patch and parrot given to him as a present by Koko B. Ware.

Royalty: Big Show wins the 2012 King of The Ring and grows a Henry the 8th style beard, constantly changing wives selected from the Diva's lockeroom and disposing of them in a similar fashion to his predecessor.

Evil Preacher: Show reverts back to his real surname as the Reverend White, who will rid WWE of all evil doers by fighting fire with fire, basically doing inhumane things to babyfaces but constantly professing that it's just for the good of the lord.

Postal Worker: Show has a string of good matches, leading to Booker T nicknaming him the mail man, because 'he always delivers'. Show starts dressing in Postman garb handing out newspapers to the fans each week, each with a different headline on them related to current WWE goings on.

* We got an email from John Cena, who confessed he was an alcoholic. Do we

A) Send him to rehab for one month?

B) Send him to rehab for 2 months?

C) Fire him?

* Kevin Nash got married to an illegitmate daughter of Vince McMahon, therefore he now has creative control and is on an unsackable contract agreement! Nash is now a McMahon! (Note: This actually happens from time to time. )

So there you go, there's some of the stuff that can crop up during the game.

YOUR PARTICIPATION

So to give you a brief summary of your roles, as and when you please:

VOTING. This is probably going to be the heartbead of the thread. Vote on match winners, gimmick changes, contract renewals, FCW bump'ees, who to push, who to fire, etc.

WRITE-UPS. For PPV's and big TV matches, I'll leave it you guys to send in your match blueprints and finish ideas. Many of them will write themselves in the voting, but this is where we'll see a hotbed of creative juices flowing.

ARTWORK. Share your fancy TV and PPV banners, funky T-Shirt ideas and photoshopped goodness. For instance, if we wanted to see what Big Show would look like as an evil dentist, someone could photoshop it and gauge the response.

IDEAS. For virtually anything else I haven't covered.

Next, I'll load up the game, update the rosters and the heel/face alignments and gimmicks, do a game week and see what happens. From that template, I'll whip up the first week of the game and see what kind of interest this really generates. I think it might be a slow starter, but because we're not reliant on sign-ups or specific roles as yet I think there's potential for it to grow with time.

• Paid Members

Little update on this. I've had a play around on a free version of TEW (thanks Lawz) and while I like it, I think overall I'll get more mileage and quickness out of EWR without having to sacrifice anything in the way of anyones creativity. So for now, I've gone through an EWR update and the roster is pretty much up to scratch now, save for anyone in the FCW developmental leagues which I'll go through next.

I reckon the game will probably start in January. I'll do a full week and then from here we'll start brainstorming ideas.

For now, if there's anything you want to see in the first game week let me know. For now, a couple of questions to pose:

What do y'all want to do about the brand split initially? On WWE TV right now it's virtually extinct, save for some of the top Raw stars like Cena not appearing on Smackdown.

What do you want to do about a B-Show? I'm thinking NXT might be a waste of time, unless we reformat it in some way. I.e, taking Super Cena's earlier legends type show idea and maybe having a legend themed show where one of them makes a return to the main roster? What about Superstars?

• Paid Members
How do you/are you determining the stats for wrestlers abilities?

Good point. Basically a lot of them have gone unchanged from the version I'd downloaded, so for instance your Triple H's and John Cena's haven't been altered except for their brand and their face/heel allignment. But some of the new entries I created in the database I've played roughly to their strengths and gone for a stat near roughly their level on the card. For instance, David Otunga's brawler stats are higher than his technical and speed abilities, but his brawling stats aren't as high as John Cena's. Others like Dolph Ziggler have been given more all-round attributes.

I guess there's some personal preference in there as well, i.e basing them on what I've seen over the past year in WWE. For instance I've bumped up Henry's brawling and charisma but when I created Michael McGuillicutty I probably haven't been too kind to him in terms of charisma and overness!

• Paid Members

I would certainly get involved with this and provide some creative ideas and input; although I do think I'll end up being a bit like Russo in terms of a lot of bonkers and random ideas, but also the occasional brilliant idea or concept.

With regards to the brand split, I've got a bit of an interesting idea for it; the top guys would be brand specific in order to give each brand a strong identity and also to provide the opportunity for some fresh match-ups when the Draft takes place. But the lower down the card guys would be able to compete across both brands in order to establish some strongly booked stars lower down the card. Obviously there would need to be some sort of process put in place to determine when a wrestler stops being a multi-brand guy and becomes a one-brand guy.

As for the titles; there would be a world title for each brand as in current programming but the lower level title will be multi-brand so would either be the IC or US title and not both. We could also add another multi-brand title which would be of a lower level than the US/IC title, such as the European title or the TV title.

The B-show could either also consist of the multi-brand guys or it could be some sort of legends show/brand which plays no part in the main shows or PPV's; in fact, once a month it could become a special Clash Of The Champions, or other similar theme, type event in order to blow-off feuds without cutting in to PPV time.

Near to Wrestlemania there could be slight integration of the legends show/brand into the main shows in order to build up a special attraction legend v legend and/or legend v current superstar match for 'Mania. To stop it being weird, I would suggest that any legends who are involved with this sort of integration would need to still be alive but, of course, the brand itself could have retired wrestlers, dead wrestlers etc. safe in the knowledge that Benoit isn't going to turn up on RAW to promote a 'Mania match against Umaga

Archived