WWE on the UKFF

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Warning: This idea is part homage, part blatant stealing from an old 411Mania column which did the same thing absolutely brilliantly.

a-cunning-plan.jpg

CUNNING PLAN

Recently I created the Fantasy Booking tournament thread, and all things considered I think it was very well received by everybody, even those who went out in the early stages. There was even some suggestion that a league could be started and that it would be nice to have a fantasy booking type thread as more of a regular occurrence. As evidenced by that thread, we all have some good creative insight within us and some cracking ideas to contribute and I think I've come up with the best possible way to implement these. This thread could basically act as something of an idea portal for everybody and I think it might work better than a league/cup style system.

chuck.jpg

THE PROPOSAL

Here's the deal; many of you will know of an old wrestling game called Extreme Warfare Revenge. For those who haven't, it's a free, text-based wrestling simulator where you actually get to run a promotion of your choosing, managing the talent roster (including hiring and firing) and crucially you actually get to book the events. You even get to control everyone's gimmicks and their face/heel alignments. It's pretty class actually. There's also a newer version called Total Extreme Warfare, but you have to pay for it and that's something I'm just too tight to do. Plus, we'll have everything we need with the free EWR version anyway; it's merely a template in the grand scheme of things.

I suggest we start a WWE scenario where we, the UKFF, take over the booking reigns and create and mould the WWE in our own special way. Basically, you book the matches, you decide who stays and who goes, and you effectively decide the future of the company. If you have an idea or want to see somebody brought in, then pass it on and unless it's total shit, it'll get thrown in.

With regards to the write-ups and such, we'll get a Raw and Smackdown out once a week. There's 12 slots on the booking sheet for prime time TV shows and there's also room for a B-show with 8 slots (but if the shows' ratings improve, the network could even bump it up to prime time. For instance, Superstars would start as an 'early evening' programme with 8 slots, but if ratings improve we could have a prime time Superstars if we wanted).

The EWR game itself will only serve as a rough template for us to work with. Basically I'll book the events through it and report anything else big that happens, I.e if a wrestler gets injured or suspended or has to go to rehab (or finds God. Yes, that actually happens!)

British_Carp_Show_Floorplan.jpg

THE LAYOUT

Rather than just having walls of text with match results, I propose that we tart it up a bit with pictures, videos and an creative genius you guys can come up with in terms of photoshop. For instance, if we give someone a push, chances are if this were happening in real life then they'd surely get a new T-Shirt, or at the very least a sweet PPV graphic for their upcoming clash. That's where you come in, and by sending that sort of stuff in then it'd be included in the write-up.

In terms of write-ups for matches, generally only the key points and the finish would be in the write-up. Don't expect to see full on move by move style recaps where every intricate move and detail has to be thought up. The match descriptions in the EWR game are pretty vague and repetitive, but I don't even intend on using it; again, I want to totally leave it up to your imaginations basically. We'll work out the finer details or how and where to send stuff in and to whom once I can gauge a general idea of how many people may/may not be interested.

OTHER STUFF

The beauty of doing something like this instead of a league system is that it isn't reliant sign-ups only; it's open to EVERYBODY to submit their ideas as and when they please. This way, if people are busy we have no drop-outs, and if there are any late comers to the party they can jump right in. It's not a competition as such, but there may be some sexy prizes and accolades banded around for stuff like best idea of the month, best PPV poster, etc.

In terms of getting stuff in, what I'd probably do is set up an email account where you basically use that as a portal of sorts to send stuff. I'll almost definitely recruit a couple of other posters to give me a hand with the organisational side of things, as if I'm busy or on my jollies then it means someone else can keep the thing rolling.

With regards to matches, the next week's matches would be posted at the end of the current week's entry. This then gives you a week to vote on the winners. Again, just sending them into the email address will act as something of a pole, so we can total them up and then stick the winning decision in the final write-up.

Also at the end of each entry, the goings on from the game engine will be revealed. I.e, who got injured, who got suspensions, all the wrestler emails (I.e, some will want a gimmick change or a ask for a push, so we can decide what happens)

All making sense?

Before we kick off with this thing, first I want to hear your suggestions and whether or not you think this is something that would actually take off. In terms of shelf-life, that column on 411 where the idea originally came from lasted for about three YEARS, and only finished because the bloke running it landed a new job somewhere right before he was about to start a brand spanking new column for it. I don't expect such a thread to last nearly as long, but it does give you an idea of the potential shelf-life for something like this.

Also, we'd have a few questions to answer before starting something on the game engine, I.e;

The fate of the brand split between Raw and Smackdown. Would you want to keep it and properly implement it so that there's not many crossovers between the two brands except at PPV's? If we keep it, would you want to see a return of split PPV's or keep them as events with the full roster?

We'll need a B-Show for sure, I.e a Superstars or a Heat type of show to give some of the lower card folk something to do. Which would you want? Wanna keep Superstars or replace it with something like Heat? Or if we keep the brand split, would you want two B-Shows, one for each brand?

destination-x-2010-hulk-hogan-and-ric-flair.jpg

TNA

TNA have a lot of top stars now, and I'm not sure what to do with it. For instance, all the top guys would be under written contracts and you'd have to wait for them to become available if you wanted to book them in a WWE scenario. Either that, or we could pretend TNA doesn't exist and we could put all of their stars on the free agent market. Or, we could just put all the TNA guys in WWE under a TNA brand in the roster split, and book departures and switches between the two companies over time.

As before, any suggestions or a simple thumbs up will do.

Insurance thread save policy

norwich-city-ruel-fox-165-panini-football-93-collectable-football-sticker-49346-p.jpg

Ruel Fox

Sounds like fun to me, ill certainly be getting involved in this and ill be willing to help out if you contact me. Couple of ideas, a brand split is not a good idea, fans dont pledge allegiance to one brand, as long as its wwe i dont think fans really care, i think you might be better off changing the B show to a show that not only gives lower and mid card wrestlers a chance but you can also hold tryouts on for new wrestlers

• Paid Members

Ruel Fox was fucking brilliant. He played for Spurs after Norwich and I thought he was great.

Oh, and I genuinely opened the thread expecting to find "book the UKFF like it were a fed."

"Next week on RAW, Mr McRick and Commissioner neil have declared that Ian, Cleetus and Butch WILL reveal who "The Higher Power" is, or face suspension! Plus, will ANYONE be able to end the reign of Loki & Gladstone as Tag Team Champions? You'll have tune in and find out, next week on UKFF RAW!!

Brought to you by Fizzy Chewits."

Ruel Fox was fucking brilliant. He played for Spurs after Norwich and I thought he was great.

He was never the same player after he left Norwich, he was alright at Newcastle and by the time he was at Spurs he stopped taking people on.

He's still a cracking player though, plays in the local 5 aside tourneys and destroys everyone all the time with his silks. Lovely chap too.

If you're the first poster to reply to a thread, especially one in which the first post features a large amount of text, if you do this why THE FUCK would you quote the entire fucking post again.?

I'm not normally the type to get anal about stuff like that, but I couldn't help thinking that was mighily spasticated too.

I don't think I'll be participating in this one Nicko, but it looks as though it could be a fun read so I hope it gets going.

Oh, and I genuinely opened the thread expecting to find "book the UKFF like it were a fed."

"Next week on RAW, Mr McRick and Commissioner neil have declared that Ian, Cleetus and Butch WILL reveal who "The Higher Power" is, or face suspension! Plus, will ANYONE be able to end the reign of Loki & Gladstone as Tag Team Champions? You'll have tune in and find out, next week on UKFF RAW!!

Brought to you by Fizzy Chewits."

The sad thing is I'll become the UKFF version of Tyler Reks :(

Anyway, I would most definently be up for this. And this time I won't make the mistake of using Tyson Kidd.

A cracking idea, Nicko, I'll definitely be up for this. I'd have given it a shot in your other thread but I've only just sorted myself a new laptop out this week.

I'm not one hundred percent sure of how the EWR game works, but if it were to be two main brands (ie Raw and Smackdown) and a third show, could you do something along the lines of Raw being the flagship WWE roster as it stands today, Smackdown being replaced by WCW which would be a 'legends' show and the Superstars slot being filled with non-WWE talent, for example TNA and other non-WWE performers who need to be built up by the posters on here until they can create enough fan fare for them on here until they can be voted onto the Raw show?

Basically,

RAW - The top 20 (or so) wrestlers from today's WWE roster.

WCW (replacing Smackdown) - The legends show; create classic rivalries and scenarios with wrestlers like Arn Anderson, Goldberg, Lou Thesz and Eddie Guerrero etc.

Superstars (or whatever it is to be named, "Ascension" for example) - Non WWE wrestlers active today (be it UK based, TNA, ROH, Noah, wherever). The idea is to create enough momentum for said wrestlers at each show. Every month the posters on here vote for one wrestler from this show to be called up to the main Raw roster. In theory, you could have a nobody who works his way from this show all the way into the main event of Wrestlemania.

Other stipulations:

All pay per views are to be RAW wrestler's only, barring Starrcade which is once per year and replaces some nondescript WWE PPV.

Any one wrestler from the WCW roster can perform on a WWE PPV once per calendar year, but this has to be given the thumbs up from at least TEN other posters beforehand. IE, pitch Arn Anderson teaming up with Blanchard to go and whoop some ass against a tag team at Survivor Series, get ten thumbs up and the job's a good 'en.

MONEY IN THE BANK: Whoever writes the script for the MITB match gets to choose whenever they would like to cash in; if they would like they can wait until the Wrestlemania main event's been written up and then fuck everything up by deciding to cash in last minute.

ROYAL RUMBLE: Whoever may be the winner of the Royal Rumble is then the only person who can decide which title to face for at that year's Wrestlemania.

I think this could be great.

Ruel Fox was good at Norwich and Newcastle but not as good at Spurs like you say.

Dale Gordon does a load of football stuff around the area.

When Ruddy had been sent off against Chelsea and Steer was on loan to Yeovil, it dawned on me that there was a chance that the boy I'd played footy with sometimes as a kid, Remi Matthews, could have been a sub for the next game. He had a game for the reserves to get prepared just in case but Lambert decided to have an outfield player go in if Rudd had to come off.

ANYWAY - I'm well up for this. All ideas can't go through though as obviously there'll be conflicting ideas. We need it voted on, like some kind of wrestling Ebbsfleet United.

Set up an email address for it. I like the idea of pictures too.

He was never the same player after he left Norwich, he was alright at Newcastle and by the time he was at Spurs he stopped taking people on.

He's still a cracking player though, plays in the local 5 aside tourneys and destroys everyone all the time with his silks. Lovely chap too.

Oldest international debutant in history, too, when he became player-manager of Montserrat (currently better than only American Samoa in the whole world) in 2004.

On topic, I wish this thread was all about Ruel Fox... ;)

Archived